Shipping Delays

liobr-10
Community Member

Not sure if this is the right place to vent about this. But, I ordered a set of golf clubs nearly 3-weeks ago and had them shipped to Canada. Shipping cost $90 which seemed steep compared to other sites I have shipped clubs from in the past, but I thought not much of it. The shipment was processed almost immediately which was promising, but it has been a total pain ever since. The shipment is USPS International Priority mail. They left Alabama, took 5 days to reach Miami where they sat for another 5 days. Now they have been sitting at Canada customs for a week with absolutely zero update. Though I know that USPS, Canada Post, eBay, etc have nothing to do with the border service agencies, I must voice my disappointment. For $90 shipping, this seems incredibly poor. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences? If so, is there anything I can do from my end to speed up the customs process? I've shipped countless items across the border and have never had it last more than a day or two at customs. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

if it is a full set of clubs, and sent priority the price is about right. as far as the delays, it could be so many factors,  and sitting in customs for 5 days over the weekend is not a stretch ,, Don't fault the seller for this ; as this is obviously a postal matter,  and with that being said sometimes they are fast , and sometimes they are slow.. i don't think any amount of phone calls will expedite the matter..

It may be just a case of Canada Customs being back logged and/or the other possibility, wanting to do a more thorough inspection due to the complexity, may take longer to properly inspect. 

-CM

PS. Alternate scenario: Your customs official required a set of clubs for their Caribbean Vacation and borrowed yours and will send on its merry once they return. Kidding!! open_mouth

FWIW, having been in mail order for over 30 years, everything from postage stamps to cast iron wood stoves, three weeks is about normal.

Keep in mind that the tracking shows the last place the shipment was recorded not where it is now.

Since it is in Canada, it might be a good time to call Canada Post and ask about the actual current status of the clubs.  The telephone ladies are usually very helpful.

Just because I'm nosy, where in Florida is the USPS (?) hub that stored the shipment?
Both Canada Post and USPS use a hub and spoke distribution system, and USPS has many of them, Canada only Vancouver, Winnipeg, Mississauga and Montreal.

Ask a Question