Standard Int'l Shipping ?

Hi , I was wondering what kind of shipping is Standard Int'l Shipping ? Is it shipped via UPS or USPS? Thanks for letting me know !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

It’s a generic term. You’d need to contact your seller to determine what service he or she used with what expected date of delivery.
I don’t know what to say
dreyamber
Community Member

Best bet is to ask your seller who they're shipping it by and to specify.

According to USPS, Standard int'l shipping is First Class int'l which does come with a tracking number. I asked them a few days ago.

It's whatever the seller decides.

The term is useful to sellers who are listing on a site that is not their own national site. For example, many Canadian sellers actually list on eBaydotCOM the American site, rather than on eBaydotCA, the Canadian one.

It is also useful if the seller is not too sure what is the most efficient method of shipping. For example, a seller may use a slightly cheaper but untracked service for a known repeat customer, but go with a tracked one for a new buyer.

Ask the seller. For you, as a buyer, tracking is irrelevant, as it only protects the seller. You want the least expensive shipping which is probably USPS First Class International, which does give the seller Delivery Confirmation and is much cheaper than the Global Shipping Program which is in turn much much cheaper than GSP.

Ask a Question