Tracking as a guest. No access code

I paid for my item as a guest. I was notified that my item has been shipped and a shipping number starting with UPAAB was giving to me via email. When I click the link on the tracking number it asks me to either sign in or use guest. I have to use guest, so it asks for my email and access code. It says the access code is in the order confirmation email. I received an order confirmation email but there is NO access code, so i'm unable to log in as a guest to track my package. What do? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

@happy_pigeon

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with Zombie Threads is that the information in them is often out of date and inaccurate.

I have the same question, but I did find out that the initial tracking "UPAA." is a Pitney Bowes number. You must have purchased using Global Shipping. I called Pitney Bowes, and they confirmed that my package (purchased as a guest on August 19) had arrived at the their processing centre in Kentucky but it had yet to be processed. On the 25th of this month I received an email from Canada Post that the shipper had created a shipping label. So, I'm assuming it has now left the Pitney Bowes centre and is on it's way to Canada. 

I was hoping I would be able to track it through the US, but I have no idea where the access code is located that I can enter into the ebay guest tracking thing.

matthfam7
Community Member

Tracking is important to the buyer. A buyer needs to know the approximate day it will be delivered as if there is no one to receive it some courier companies won't leave it. So you get home to see a notice saying they tried to deliver it and you can pick it up at their depot after xx o'clock. And just maybe it will be there if the driver actually brought it into the depot.

If it is something you're waiting for to finish a project it certainly is important to have tracking.

Usually the code is included in the purchase email you receive when you bought the item.

You must clear the cookies from your browser and be signed out of ebay to go to tracking. They will tell you that the "Guest User" link is "at the bottom of the page. It is not. It is at the bottom of the sign-in box that you get when you click on the link in the email. And it's not the words "Guest User" that is the live link, it's the down-arrow to the right.

Happy tracking.

1mila1
Community Member

how can i verified the satue of my parciel

Wrong question.

You don't need tracking. Well, maybe emotionally but tracking is for the benefit of the seller.

Not the buyer.

If a seller is faced with a specious Item Not Received dispute, she can give the Confirmation of Delivery number (actual tracking is not required just proof of delivery) and the buyer loses the dispute.

Your items are being tracked but the tracking is internal to PB and rarely can be seen by the public.

And here is the actual question.

What happens if I don't receive my purchase?

First you contact the seller and ask when the item was sent and the service used.

If the answer is not useful (and useful would be a prompt refund) you go to the Resolution Centre and file the Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, either she or Paypal will refund you. If it's PP, the seller gets a violation and PP goes after her for their money.

You have up to 45 days from purchase to file a dispute. Don't wait past Day 43.

Most items from Canada or the USA will arrive within 20 days.

Items from Europe arrive within 15 days.

Items from Asia within 30 days.

If more than 45 days have passed. go to the credit card you actually paid with (not a bank account, not a debit card, not a prepaid 'credit' card). Paypal is just a mediator. Call the 1-800 customer service line and ask about a chargeback.

Ask a Question