Why can the seller not adjust the shipping charges to the amount they quoted me?

krindy84
Community Member

Seller quoted me a shipping price.  I asked for an invoice but they can not send me one.  They can not adjust the shipping charges either.  How do I get the items for the price they quoted?  Do I have to pay twice the shipping amount?  Which is twice as much as the items themselves?  I'm not okay with that.

Thanks for any advise you may have as seller doesn't seem to know what to do.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Politely ask the seller to invoice you directly through Paypal, noting the eBay numbers in the text box of the invoice.

This allows her to adjust everything.

You are covered by PP's Buyer Protection which is very strong. And it is 'eBay legal' just as paying by money order would be.

Now.

The probable reason for the problem is the Global Shipping Program.

When you made your deal with the seller, the invoice would be showing the Duty, Sales Tax and PitneyBowes service charge which covers shipping and handling from their warehouse in Kentucky to your house in Canada.

BUT

You don't want the seller to use this. You want direct mailing by USPS /Canada Post to you in Canada. So she will have to do a little calculating.

Reassure her that First Class International allows her to mail up to four pounds of stuff to Canada and gives her Delivery Confirmation.

For your part, you may have to pay on your doorstep the duty and sales tax you saw on the eBay listing, plus the Canada Post service charge of $9.95. (Yes, Canada Post charges more than Pitney Bowes. )

There is one other possible reason. When adjusting the eBay invoice is your seller hitting Recalculate? Don't.

Ask a Question