Why does the shipping calculator not calculate the shipping costs?

I enter the "Shipping and Payments" tab and enter my postal code. I get the error message "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid postal code."

I've tried this many times with various venders.

Thnx...

Regards.... Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Change the code to your local municipal office or firehall.

Your personal code may not be in the data base.

Don't worry that it is not your house. The postal code is there to calculate distances.

I am assuming that you have tried both K1A 0A6* and K1A0A6 as layouts.

*The House of Commons in Ottawa.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@ypdc_dennis 

The reason they continue to show up is because buyers and sellers that happen to drop by this board see Popular Board Discussions as per attached. See dates.

Board discussions.JPG

That's the current view I am seeing. Instead of attaching the zombie note it might be more helpful if the last post/query was answered with current information and THEN zapped.

-Lotz

Why is this super old link on the site.

The Calculated Postage tool on ebay Canada is presently broken. If you are a buyer, try Add to Cart to see the postage cost. If you are a seller, there has been suggestion that the bug lays, for whatever reason, with a malfunction stemming from Air Parcel, so remove it from your listings. 

As a seller, I can tell you that if you attempt to temporarily remove Air Parcel from listings as a workaround, please take note that doing so via Bulk Edit will not actually save the changes.

This is a bug with the Bulk Editor;  I've experienced this phenomena in the past with bulk editor bulk changes to international postage options, you can make the changes but they won't take. You have to do this in the Revise Item one at a time, or using Bulk Editor but selecting the items One at a Time. Of course, if you have items of varying sizes/valued selected, you might want to do it that way anyway.

Either way, it presents a time-consuming workaround, and one that is not ideal if you rely on sales to countries served only by Air Parcel. And one you'd need to undo when the Shipping Calculator is fixed. 

For now, I'm removing Air Parcel service from my Auctions only, as Add to Cart for Buy It Now (BIN) format listings shows postage as it should for international buyers looking to purchase Buy It Now items. My business model doesn't rely on Auctions, they are mostly an after-thought here. And, as I've stated elsewhere at other times, my outside-Canada sales don't seem to be affected by this problem as significant as it is, since I use Buy It Nows and Good Till Cancelled listings. Oddly, my domestic sales have taken a sharp drop in recent weeks but those are not affected by the glitch. That sharp drop does, however, occur periodically in my category. Naturally and randomly. 

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts