Why is Canada post shipping insurance not available?

I just sold an Item, for $ 71 USD and I'm trying to print off the shipping label. After filling in the details, when I click continue, It gives me this message:

"Shipping insurance is not available for the combination of options you have chosen. Please change your selection(s) and try again."

From what I read, there should be coverage included for up to 100 dollars for Canada Post Regular Parcel, without needing to pay for signature confirmation.

From Canada Post Terms and Conditions:
"Limitation of Liability: Liability coverage against loss or damage of up to $100.00 CAD of the shipment's value is included. The availability and the limits of liability coverage depend on the service selected, country of destination, and the nature of the items being shipped. Some exceptions and conditions apply. Note: shipments which are subject to liability coverage and which contain glass, ceramic, or perishable/temperature sensitive items are covered only for loss, not damage. Coverage for loss or damage is NOT available for the following items: cash, stocks, bonds, lottery tickets, negotiable premium coupons, traveller's cheques, and trading stamps, non-mailable items or improperly packaged items, etc. Canada Post's liability is limited to the lesser of the actual or the declared value; less any compensation received by the claimant from any other source plus postage and taxes. For details, refer to the Canada Postal Guide at http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/pg/manual/default-e.asp "

The shipment is within Alberta, Canada, and meets all the restrictions stated above. Tried the link but just links to a 404..
Will I be covered If I enter $0.00? Is something else the cause of the problem?

Below are the options I have selected:
Carrier: Canada Post
Service Type: Regular Parcel
On-Time Guarantee: Not Available
Package Type: Parcel Envelope
Dimensions: 11*8*9 inch
Weight: 6 lbs.
Planned Drop-off Date: 12/11/2013
Delivery Confirmation: FREE
Signature Confirmation: No
Total Insurance Coverage Value: $75.64 CAD (Total value of shipment)
Purchase Additional Insurance Coverage: No

The item in question:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/171188390185?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question