Why is the maximum shipping for PC games lower than the actual cost?

Ebay would not let me charge more than $3.99 to ship a PC game via letterpost, which is far less than my actual costs.

I removed the game from the Jewel case, put it in a thin jewel case, and put it in a bubble mailer - no manual. Weight was 103 grams. Shipping cost $4.29. Cost of jewel case + mailer = $0.75.  Ebay fees on $3.99 = $0.49.Total cost to ship = $5.54. 

This is ridiculous. I am losing money on the shipping, and not even able to charge any handling fees to cover costs.

Where is Ebay getting their data to set these maximum fees? Someone please show me where in Canada it is possible to mail a PC game with its normal components to the US for $3.99?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

You are listing on eBaydotCOM aren't you?

There is a maximum Flat Rate shipping charge of $4 on dotCOM

On eBaydotCA (here) there is no such maximum. Set up Calculated Shipping and bob's yer uncle.

However, you will be competing with US sellers who can easily afford to ship for $4.

I would suggest that to be competitive, that you consider using Free Shipping, which really means including the shipping cost in asking price. Customers love Free Shipping.

Which is the best deal?

$10 item with $5 shipping

$5 item with $10 shipping.

$15 item with Free Shipping.

Calculated Shipping with Canada Post looks "legal" and is also liked by customers.

No. It's not logical. This is marketing.

Ask a Question