buy a Return label to usa

i have a return request with buyer from canada ,

and i have to buy a return label however we don't know how to do it 

since the return adress is in the usa and buyer in canada !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

You can switch the USPS website to metric. It might be a little difficult to find, but I did it once.

Let the customer know what you are doing. Communicate.

I hope this is a friendly difference of opinion. Most people are honest but some are more aggressive than others.

Keep all your Messages about this in the Dispute.

You are a seller in Morocco.

Your buyer is in Canada.

You sent the item to his address in the USA.

He now wants to return it.

Here is the Canada Post website which will give you the cost of shipping from Canada.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Here is the USPS website which will give you the cost of shipping from the USA.

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

Confirm with the buyer that he is actually in Canada at the moment.

Many Canadians have winter homes in the USA and would normally only be returning about now. With the pandemic, they may be forced to stay in the USA.

Now.

Go to shippo.com and try to sign up as a client.

https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us

Shippo allows clients to buy shipping labels from both USPS and Canada Post.

You can buy a label from his current address to your address.

Be sure to buy tracking.

International tracking is very expensive and may be too high to be affordable on this transaction.

If this works you send a pdf shipping label to the customer, he ships to you, and when you receive it, you refund him.

Your buyer must be close to the US border if they have a US  address but you should probably confirm with them that they will be sending it from the US. It's unlikely that you will be able to purchase an actual label from Morocco but you can ask the buyer to to find out how much the label is going to be or you can go to the US site (usps.com) and you would have to send them the money for the label through Paypal.  The package would have to be sent Priority international in order to have delivery confirmation and will be fairly expensive. You could also have them use UPS, DHL or Fedex although the cost will probably be higher and you might be able to purchase a label for those services at your end.

However....unless the buyer is using a company that physically takes their parcels from Canada to the US, the buyer probably cannot cross the border on their own because of restrictions on the border right now.   

Is the item going back to China or to Morocco?  If it is China, the buyer could use Canada Post Xpresspost. But Canada Post is not accepting parcels to Morocco right now.

Sorry that there really isn't an easy answer but international returns can be complicated and even more so right now because of the Corona virus.  I assume that the buyer said the item wasn't as described or that there is a problem with it and that's why you are paying return shipping? If the item is not too expensive you might want to refund without a return but that is up to you.

Ask a Question