clicking on the 'commit to buy' on a 'buy it now' when the seller has not specified shipping fees.

aria1156
Community Member

I clicked on the 'commit to buy' on an item on ebay.ca , knowing that the item was in Canada, as I also am. I was unable to complete the payment as the seller had not specified shipping charges. When prompted, I contacted the seller to send me an invoice. I then got an e-mail with invoice from E-bay, with a shipping charge as high as a similar item would be from the US even though no brokerage or customs was involved. When I queried the seller, they said that they charge a $5 handling fee plus the postage. Also I think the postage is too high for the weight of the item. I notice that the seller does not post shipping charges on any of their items. I have contacted the seller to again query this  but have not heard back yet. Am I obliged to continue with a payment?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

You basically have two choices. Pay and leave appropriate feedback or don't pay and accept a Strike for the Unpaid Item, which may affect your ability to bid and buy on eBay. (Most sellers Block bids from members with Unpaid Item Strikes.)

if you are questioning shipping,do so b4 you hit commit to buy,pay and use this as learning experience.

" I did look up the guide for sellers: they are supposed to post their fees so they are kind of in violation.'

And you are supposed to know the shipping before you bid so you know what you are agreeing to. By bidding without knowing the shipping in advance means you agree to the shipping regardless of the amount. If you choose not to pay, you are in violation.

Ask a Question