A seller wants to refund my order and asked for my PayPal address, what do I do ?

A seller wants to refund my order that did not arrive.  They will credit my PayPal account but want to know my PayPal address?  This seems odd as I have had a few things that never arrived and other sellers have just credited my PayPal account.  If this is the way it is done please tell me what my PayPal address is and if this is a scam please tell me how I go about getting my money back.  Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you have not yet opened an Item Not Received dispute, do so. You only have 45 days from purchase for this.

The seller can refund you very easily through the Dispute without needing to get your PP address.

If he does so, there will be no black marks for him.

If he does not, then PP will refund you and go after him for the money. He won't like that much.

Feedback is voluntary. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. At the same time you will be asked to Rate the transaction. The normal transaction gets Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

Hello 'shirl',

How long ago did you buy it?

One of two things:

Either the seller has such high sales volume that seeking out your particular transaction

would take what he believes is "to much effort", - and so if you simply send the paypal address

(which is only your email address, no personal info anyway.  Besides, he already got this

when you bought the item), he can quickly refund that way.

Or more like,

He knows perfectly well that you cannot send email addresses through the ebay message

system so he continues to dangle a promised refund at you, confident that you will not be

able to get the address through to receive it.

When you bought the item you also got his email address, so send your paypal address

there (it may even be the same email address from which you will be contacting him).

Include the item number, and for that matter, in regular email you can include a link to

the listing.

I hope that 60 days has not yet passed and you have not yet left feedback. Smiley Happy

Good luck

Ask a Question