Can you refund a refund?

I informed a seller that an item hadn't arrived after 10 weeks.  Of course, shortly after they issued a refund, it came.  I've looked at Paypal and can't see anything like "return this payment"... is there anything like that, or do you just have to send money to their Paypal address?

Also it looks like Paypal took a fee out of that refund although I don't see that in the details either.  But the balance is less than what the seller refunded (I had a zero balance so it's obvious.)

Advice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You have to send the money to their  PP address.   I would probably contact them first so they know that you will be doing that.

You should have received the full amount back though but if there was a currency exchange in the transaction the difference may have been caused by a change in the exchange rate.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!​​​​​​​

If PayPal refunds all monies for item lost in mail, and you(the purchaser) refunds the refund when item arrives later, then eBay is out the commission they would have charged the seller.

if the seller did a refund to you for a purchase, you should be whole, they should not short change you anything,  if you go to re pay the seller, the seller  will lose the paypal fees,  etc.

If you use the 'friends and family' box when you Send Money, there should be no charge to the seller.

If a seller makes a total refund through Paypal .... Paypal will charge the seller   30 cents.....

Ask a Question