Gift Cards

elizabethr.west
Community Member

Where can I buy an ebay gift card? PayPal sucks and I would like to find a better way of payment. Please let me know asap. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Paypal is fine?  A minute ago it 'sucked'. :^O  If you do not have a credit card, okay, not everyone does, and they're not for everyone.  So what most ebay shoppers with paypal accounts do is transfer money from their bank account into their paypal account before shopping.  That way the seller gets paid promptly.  Otherwise when paypal takes money from your account, that's an echeque and as you know, those can take up to 10 days to clear.

If you are thinking about a credit card but worried you might spend yourself down to Skid Row, you can tell your bank that you want a low limit card.  Well, as a first-time card, that is likely what you'll get, but you can explain that you don't want them 'upping' your limit all the time.  They do that if you're a good user, - up,up,up, until finally you're afraid to carry the thing in your wallet. 🙂 

That said, you can shop to beat the band on ebay with just a paypal account.  Simply dump a bunch of money into it, and if you don't use it, fine, the cash can just sit there.  And sit there, and sit there.  You won't lose it.  And if something comes up and you need to access it elsewhere, simply transfer it back to your bank.  You can't go wrong, really.

elizabethr.west
Community Member

Thanks guys,

I make great money and my paypal is fine, it is just really annoying to have to wait for 6-7 days for money to be transferred into it. I do not have a credit card at this time, however I am thinking of getting one soon. I just wish there was a way to pay faster. I can do an interac payment via alot of other sites, this one seems to be the only one that is behind the times. Hope it gets fixed soon as a few of my co workers and friends are frustrated with the wait via paypal. Maybe I'll just have to do my future shopping elsewhere. Thanks for the answers tho.

Hello 'elizabeth',

If you have one, you can use a real credit card on ebay.  That means, Amex, Visa, Mastercard.  No giftcards.  Some people claim to have a prepaid credit card they use expressly for ebay shopping, yet others say prepaids don't work. 

You may find the occasional seller who is willing to accept a money order, or cash on pickup if you live nearby.  But chances of that are slim.

So if you are truly serious, - it's a real credit card, or a paypal account.  There is not yet a debit system like you find when you use your interac card at walmart, nor is there a 'bill me later' option like in the US.

If you do not have one or the other, cr card or pp acc, you will discover it is very difficult to shop anywhere at all online.  But then, perhaps in your present circumstances, that may be a good thing.

What is the status of your PayPal account. Are the issues unfixable. For buyers , PP is uncomplicated provided you keep your info up to date and maintain a good standing.

Ebay gift card is not a solution and only available to US resident members.

Can purchase a gift certificate through PayPay but you can't send to your PP email address. Must be redeemed through PP.

There is no better way to pay than PP.

Ask a Question