HELP! STILL NO SOLUTION after 7 days - Tyler are you there?

Are you still there tyler@ebay or any other eBay employee?

PLEASE! I'm still here, with NO resolve from anyone after 7 days
and MANY phone calls to "Customer Service" - both to eBay and Paypal.

I honestly can't tolerate ONE MORE phone call to Customer Service at either of these companies - the lines are soooo bad to/from the countries they answer from, that it's beyond RIDICULOUS!  What ever you say to them, it echoes back to you ... at the same time
they're trying to say something to you. Echoes, accents and a transmission delay of 3 or 4 seconds, make for IMPOSSIBLE communication!

When I've fought through all of that in trying to tell them what my problem is, it continues to go NOWHERE!   I'm not calling them over and over, just to hear them say .. "how sorry they are that I'm having a problem".  I need a SOLUTION not "scripted" apologies.

So to Tyler (or someone, ANYONE) from eBay, can't you or someone there PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME?

Here again, is a summary of the situation.....

1)  I'm a Canadian seller - west coast of Canada - Pacific Time Zone. My potential customer in           this case is from NC, in the USA. - Atlantic Time Zone.

2)  On Jan. 12 - the potential customer contacted me - she said that she has continued to try to use BUY IT NOW to purchase one of my listed items, a  pair of black shoes (the only shoes I have listed). However, Paypal will NOT work, so she CAN NOT complete her purchase. Instead, she  continued to get a message saying .... "sorry, this option isn't available".  What?  Paypal payment is NOT an option? It absolutely SHOULD BE as that's the ONLY payment option that I take. 

Over the next 4 days, ... she made several phone calls to Customer Service herself, (to both eBay and Paypal) until, she finally GAVE UP trying to purchase my shoes, and - I LOST THE SALE. Thanks!

There are DOZENS of emails back and forth with her and I since Jan. 12 in my "messages" file through eBay which you (Tyler .. or whoever from eBay can help me) are MORE THAN WELCOME TO READ. Her eBay name ends in "715" so you'll quickly see the multiple emails from her. If you read the emails, you'll read all the things we BOTH tried … through our many phone calls and advice through CS (through both eBay and Paypal). Nothing worked.

- YES - the email address I have registered is the correct one, on both eBay and Paypal. It's the same one I have used for well over 10 years. I have never switched over and used my "default" (other) email address on either account.  I even deleted my usual email address from eBay, ... then re-entered it, to see if that would help. It didn't.

- YES - my name, address, phone number, Credit Card information (and/or bank info) is all CURRENT and CORRECT on both eBay and Paypal.

- YES - I have been "walked through" all of my settings through eBay's and Paypal's CS representatives THREE times.  Each time I was told they see NOTHING WRONG with either of my accounts.

- YES - the potential customer was "walked through" her accounts with CS reps as well. And, she DID clear her "cache" history/browser on her computer. It made no difference. She then tried making the purchase using her new cell phone - same problem - "sorry, this option isn't available".

- THEN - an actual eBay staff member ... who I reached through customer service on day 2, tried making the purchase herself, using her own eBay acct. She got the same message "sorry this option isn't available." She concluded this must be a problem with Paypal.

- THEN - my potential customer tells me, ... Paypal told her that "my" Paypal account doesn't accept US currency, so that's the problem. She told me I needed to change my currency settings. What? My Paypal account has been (and still is) set up to take US currency since I opened it, in 2001. I can clearly read that setting on my Paypal account - it says "US currency", however, Il called Paypal AGAIN. They confirmed that my currency setting is indeed in US CURRENCY. So why did Paypal tell her it wasn't??

ALSO - is this problem happening on just the one item - my BLACK SHOES? Or, is the same thing happening on ALL of my 30 items, when someone tries to use Paypal to buy them?? I need to know!

So …. WHY ??  can't a knowledgeable eBay employee, contact a knowledgeable Paypal employee and TOGETHER figure out what's wrong with the PAYPAL function on my account?

eBay is a CUSTOMER of Paypal, and eBay says this isn't a problem with their (eBay's) system.  All else has failed, so why isn't eBay contacting Paypal  themselves,  to solve this problem for me?

I sold my art successfully, and steadily on eBay from 1999 to 2007/2008. I LOVED eBay back then, it was a lot of fun and I had the time of my life meeting wonderful buyers and shipping my art all over the world. I made many thousands of dollars, and I paid plenty of eBay and Paypal fees for many years.  

When the US economy started to declined, my sales started to decline as 80% of my buyers were American. That's when I gave up selling for several years. However, I continued
to buy off eBay periodically (especially before Xmas) every year. And now, I decided to start up again (selling) as of the beginning of January, 2019.  As for Paypal, I have a monthly payment that goes through them (for the past 9 yrs.), so it has aso remained active.

This is my 20th YEAR with eBAY ... my 18th YEAR with Paypal .... and this is how it ends?

Not what I ever expected -  to be completely TICKED OFF and FRUSTRATED and ... NO END IN SIGHT!!

Happy New Year

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

@paintingwithpassion

Since you have closed your listings, I can't look at those, so I went to your FB page.

And noticed there are no sales in a year or more.

I wonder if that has anything to do with your problem?

New, returning and occasional sellers are restricted in the number and value of the items they can list.

If you have a restriction to 10 items and $500, you could list one $500 item, or two $250 items, or ten $50 items.

This does not affect Auctions, so you could theoretically have $1.00 opening bids on 500 Auctions, have them end at $500 each and still collect your quarter million in payments. (Which reminds me 6/49 is $16million dollars this week, I    should buy a ticket. )

Still if you were able to list, that should not be the problem. Most of the posters have been on the site consistently for many years and the problems of newbie and returning sellers can be hard to assess.

it's weird that nothing shows up in your items sold history, if someone bought something, it show up as a sold item.. weather payment was made or not..  did you actually receive a notice that the item had sold?/

I’m sorry to hear you feel that you need to leave over this but you should be aware that there’s a very good possibility that you’re doing so because of one buyer who’s got a problem with their account. Not you or yours.

Best of luck to you out there.

Here's what I would do:

Create another PayPal account linked to a new email address. 

End your affected listing and create a new one with payment being sent to your new paypal email account. Of course, you are keeping your buyer abreast of all this and then send them a link to the new listing. 

See if that allows checkout to be fulfilled and the transaction to be completed.

If not, create a whole new ebay account with a new email address and PayPal account to sell that item to your buyer. 

Is this an ideal solution? Not really. Will it allow you to sell this item to your buyer? Maybe. It's worth a try if nothing else will work for you. 

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @paintingwithpassion - in line with my previous recommendation, I strongly encourage you or your buyer to contact Customer Support through social media and request them to review the checkout sessions with your buyer's attempts. That will provide additional insight into the process and recommendations to help this translate to a successful sale. 

Thanks everyone but I have had it  - not interested in wasting another minute on this issue. I cancelled my 30 auctions and just closed my acct. for good,  which apparently can take up to 60 days to actually close.   Goodbye eBay - you were great back in the day.  I have little good to say about you anymore.  Onto better things.   

Also: review your Blocked Buyers Requirement Log to make sure you're not getting a coded message for something else. 

Actually, do this first if you have not already. 

Thanks Tyler but I don't understand that - I don't do social media....no instagram - no twitter - I have a Facebook acct. but nothing really on it.  I don't understand what you are suggesting for me to do - do you mean there is  a place to go to a Customer Service section on an eBay facebook page ... sorry -  I am 68 - e Bay and emails are  all I have mastered - no iPhone (by choice)  - no texting -  an old flip phone for emergencies.   Can you please explain how I can go about this - and the potential buyer - forget her - I lost her -  she is no longer interested in the item so she will not be contacting anyone further about this matter.  Thanks again.

Ask a Question