How long do I wait for payment after the item is sold?

It was my first time selling an item on ebay. After the auction was over I emailed the customer to ask which type of shipping they wanted. I haven't heard back from them. Is there a time limit for payment? 

Thanks,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions (3)

Hi Diane .. Don't think you should be asking buyer how to ship. Your listing states the buyer's cost. Rather , how to ship to protect your sale.

Those are beautiful , expensive collectibles and glad i'm not packing.lol.

To have PayPal Seller Protection , shipping must be with online delivery confirmation and because over $250. US , signature confirmed delivery.

Insurance .. Canada Post covers loss but not damage for glass and ceramics. Shipsurance could be an alternative.

As stated , if no payment , file an unpaid dispute..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

As a new seller , PayPal will hold your payment for 21 days as pending but you will see ok to ship.

more4u
Community Member

As a rule 4 days with me and it automatically goes with ebay's payment reminder. You should not have to email them to ask what service they want. After 7 days from then if not paid I usually send a reminder myself and then cancel the next day to get my fees back. Include shipping options of your item in your auction so they can pick when ebay invoices them.

If a buyer dosen't pay in 4 or more days, you can file an Unpaid Item claim. If the buyer still dosen't pay in another 4 days, you get your fees refunded.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I emailed the customer to ask what shipping because from Canada there are 3 options. This was my first ebay sale so I'm just learning everything! Thanks to all who answered! 🙂

Ask a Question