I can't accept credit card payments

ka141313
Community Member

Hello, I am a person selling one item so I set up a PayPal account to recieve the payment. When I reviewed the draft of my ad, it shows icons of all the credit cards along with the PayPal icon. How do I change that since I can't accept credit card payments? Or does PayPal take the credit card and pay me by deposit into my bank? I am so new at this and quite confused! TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paypal accepts, the credit card purchases for you,  you don't have to do anything different..

you are fine..

The money will be deposited into your Paypal account.

You can then move it to your bank account or spend it anywhere that takes Paypal.

I have used PP to participate in a group gift for a family wedding, buy theatre tickets, donate to charity, buy pink hair dye on eBay, and buy ebooks from an online publisher, as well as buying stuff here and starting up my pension fund.

If you want to buy on eBay, it is useful to back your Paypal account not only with a bank account but also a credit card.

Purchases made from the card (PP hides all your financial information from the seller) have three layers of Buyer Protection.

The venue (eBay for example), Paypal itself (for 180 days from payment) and the card's chargeback policy.

It also means your payment goes through instantly without needing to clear the banking system.

As a new seller, your customer's payment will be Held against your performance.

So use a tracked service to ship, and record the tracking number with PP and with eBay.

It speeds up ending the Hold.

Ask more questions.

Shipping is hard.

Ask a Question