I got invoice for final value fee.

tls_66
Community Member
I didn't sell my item because buyer didnt send money, so i canceled that transaction, but i got invoice now . What should i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

When you 'cancel' a transaction you still pay the Final Value Fee, depending on which reason you chose.

If you open an Unpaid Item Dispute, you get your FVF back, the deadbeat gets a Strike, and he cannot leave feedback.

@pjcdn2005 

Which cancellation 'reason' causes you to still pay the final value fee? I've never heard of that.

None.

Which is why I think the transaction was not officially cancelled and is still open.

If you did a formal cancellation, you can't. It's one or the other.

If you just decided not to honour the transaction, you have 30 days from the order date to open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Choose "the customer did not pay"

Ignore "contact buyer" , normally at the least polite and often useful.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the buyer does not pay within 96 hours, follow directions to close the transaction.

You will be refunded your FVF, the deadbeat gets a Strike, and he cannot leave feedback.

And since most Unpaid Items are on Auctions, switch to Fixed Price listing. You can even add Immediate Payment Required and the listing will stay active until someone actually pays.

Note that Fixed Price listings last for 30 days and then automatically renew (and a new fee is charged).  This won't bother you while you are only listing with your 50 Free Listings, but it will be worth while to keep notes about the listing dates of your items.

Ask a Question