Okay for Seller to invoice you through PayPal and not directly through eBay?

I made an offer on 3 seperate items from the same Seller.  The offers were accepted.  The Seller agreed upon a combined shipping total.

I was sent a message that the Seller could NOT invoice me directly through eBay, and was requesting my email ID for PayPal, so that he could invoice me that way instead.

Is this allowed??????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Well, not really. It will appear to eBay as an Unpaid Transaction (until he marks it as Paid and Shipped, like a transaction paid by money order).

However, sometimes the seller is backed into a corner like this. If for example the items you purchased were listed on dotCOM and dotCA, he cannot combine the invoices, even if they are in the same currency. 

And a PP payment outisde of eBay  is about as secure as one within eBay, especially if you take the payment from a credit card rather than a balance or your bank account.

Read the seller's feedback and DSRs with a fishy eye. Both received and left FB. 

And if the seller is overseas, I would not trust it. Which may make me cynical and paranoid, but I can live with that.

It may be best to have the seller send you three invoices and to pay them separately. He can combine and discount the postage on one and change the others to Free Shipping easily. Just make sure he knows not to hit "Revise" .

And actually clicking Revise may be the original source of his problem.

Ask a Question