Buyer Paid but eBay Didn't Pay Me

ionamic
Community Member

On September 18th a buyer purchased a video camera from me. He paid eBay and I have proof.  It is now three weeks later and yet eBay has not paid me. I have had over 5 hours of conversations with eBay and Paypal and each one sends me to the other.  In one of my many phone calls with a Paypal supervisor I am told that eBay now has their own payment processing system apart from Paypal. Therin lies the problem.  It's an amount of $675 and in spite of my runaround from eBay support people over the past three weeks, no one knows anything. I ask for a supervisor but they never escalate my case. They just ask for me to repeat everything again and again with no resolution. 

I have given up and chose to file a complaint with the BBB in San Jose. That may go nowhere but it's a desperate move to get someone's attention.  This is just another example of a corporate giant that needs your business but when you have a problem, they want you to ask for help from one of their other unhappy customers. (communities and forums)) IE: "don't bother us...we're busy running to the bank"

View Entire Topic
tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @ionamic - 

Sorry to hear that you've had such difficulty getting paid! Typically you would set up a receiving PayPal account at the time you listed the item. That would allow PayPal to get the funds to you regardless of how a buyer pays (with a credit card, their own PayPal account, etc). 

If you did not input any PayPal account, there isn't a way for us to get you the money if it was indeed processed. 

If you can see that you have the funds somewhere you can manually mark the payment as received. Thanks!

Ask a Question