so frustrated! BUY IT NOW won't connect to my Paypal - customers can't pay!

This is my last resource for help. For 3 DAYS I've been going back and forth with eBay on the phone and Paypal on the phone and still NO solution to my problem.

I'm a long time member - over 18 years - and Paypal member over 18 years. I sold my art on eBay pretty successfully for the first few years. I stopped selling around 2007 when the market changed and sales fell off.  However, I have kept both my eBay and Paypal accts. active.  I use Paypal for other things and I buy through eBay periodically. None of my personal info  has changed on either of these places - I've had the same address and the same email address connected to both.  I'm in Canada - most of my buyers have been in the US so I've always had my Paypal set up to take US currency.

A few days ago I decided to try listing some things on eBay again.  All of the settings are current and correct on both my eBay and Paypal accounts.   I have always had Paypal set up to take US currency and the "linked" email address from eBay to Paypal is correct - same one I've used forever. (I've even "unlinked" and "re-linked my email address, in trying to re-boot it.)

BUT - HERE IT COMES !!!! …  when a potential customer tries to use BUY IT NOW (all my items are BUY IT NOW) then pay with Paypal they get a message saying "Sorry, this payment option isn't available. "  A potential buyer brought this all to my attention in the first place (she's an avid seller herself - she knows what she's doing - not a newbie) or I'd had never known about the problem.   I have gone back and forth with this potential buyer about 30 times in 3 days (eBay messaging) trying everything we can and calling eBay and Paypal (she's called them and so have I - I've called EACH OF THEM -  3 TIMES !!  )  in between our back and forth messages - always trying everything we've been told to try.   She's used a home computer with no success and then she tried her new cell phone to make the buy and still - the stupid notice pops up that won't let her pay with Paypal.   On my second call to eBay the gal (staff member) even tried using her OWN eBay account to go in and purchase the same item that my potential buyer keeps trying to buy.  And she (staff member) got the SAME message - "Sorry, this payment option isn't available" .  

Nope - nothing works and NO ONE HAS SOLVED my problem.   At the end of each phone call to each company, they blame each other - "Sorry, but this must be a Paypal problem" -  or "Sorry but this must be an eBay problem". Well...guess who's left with the problem - ME!  I'll now have to cancel all eBay listings and never be able to list ever again because NO ONE can fix this problem for me!   Thanks for listening -  I'm soooooo unhappy about all this run-around with NO RESOLVE!   (paintingwithpassion)     

View Entire Topic

@paintingwithpassion

I don't have a physical Paypal card and there's no expiry date on my on-line Paypal acct. so that isn't the problem.

Sorry, that was unclear.

Most sellers back their PP accounts with a credit card. And also pay their eBay and PP fees from that credit card.

It's the expiry date on that credit card we are asking about. Is it correct?

Ask a Question