Returning shipment cost

fahriaenam
Community Member

I have paid an extra $112 for customs and shipment for an item. I want to return that and have spoken with the seller. He agreed. Now I want to know whether ebay would return that extra shipment and customs money after I return it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

The customs fees went to the government of Canada.

The postage cost went to the post office.

The sales tax (more likely than customs) went to the federal and provincial governments)

The customs brokerage/service fee went to the shipper (courier or Canada Post).

None of these were paid to eBay or to the seller, and eBay has no responsibility for refunding them.

Return postage, by eBay and Paypal policy, is the responsibility of the buyer. Contact the seller. She is allowed to waive all or part of this cost.

You can get a refund on duty and sales tax on items being returned by calling Canadian Border Services Agency. The number is on the back of the customs invoice you got when you paid that $112.  

Hi  , i have no experience with the Global Shipping Program but i would think on refund duty/taxes would be refunded but not fees as stated in program policy.."The returns policy that you specify in your listing of a GSP Item applies to your Buyer’s purchase of the GSP Item, with the exception of the Program Fees paid by your Buyer to Pitney Bowes for its Services. For GSP items that your Buyer returns to you pursuant to your returns policy, your Buyer will not be eligible for, and you will not be responsible for providing your Buyer with, a refund of any Program Fees that your Buyer paid to Pitney Bowes"

If not then here is Customs link for refund..see supporting documentation..

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d6/d6-2-6-eng.html

When mailing , PayPal Buyer Protection requires return with on line delivery confirmation and for items where payment was over $250 US , signature confirmed delivery. At day 43 from payment date and not refunded , a dispute must be opened.

Mark the Customs form as a returned item.

Ask a Question