Sketchy payment options

Hi everyone, I'm interested in an item offered, however the seller does not offer Paypal, even though his listing (somewhat) states otherwise. I think this is more due to an Ebay limitation. In the description, the he has clearly stated that he doesn't accept Paypal. Feeling curious, I decided to message the seller, asking what payment options he does accept. He listed interac email transfer, bank deposit or hyperwallet. I believe Ebay will not cover me if something goes wrong and I'm left with nothing. My questions to you, fellow buyers, is there a way I can guarantee or secure my purchase?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

Sorry i missed your second post and no, ebay will not assist. Based on what you state, the listing should be reported.

PS .. conditional on my previous post , listing perhaps should be reported.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Thank for the reply, I found that information through the Ebay information centre. Unfortunately, the item is in neither category. I was thinking of something more along the lines of seller replies with guarantee that item will be shipped, but does otherwise after selling item. Is there any chance Ebay would help me in refund? I'm assuming if they've implemented the aforementioned guidelines, they would probably not do much else to help.

Hi Seller can only offer those on certain categories like Motors and Business/Industrial.

Buyer Protection is only through PayPal. Here is Accepted payments Policy..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Ask a Question