Why does Paypal not accept my payment?

shivesybay
Community Member

This is my first purchase attempt, ever, using eBay

eBay only allows payment using paypal.

All paypal info I entered has been verified correct.

Repeated attempts to pay have failed.

Neither eBay nor Paypal agents can solve issue.

Am I crazy, or can this be fixed someway?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shivesybay
Community Member

Yup, I already have an account.

I am actually on the phone with a PP rep (for the third attempt to solve) as I type this............

So far, we have verified that credit card info is all correct.

The rep has me on hold, attempting a solution at their end........

She returned to call, asked me if I was using PP .com  or PP .ca

(My account is on PP.com).

She has again placed me on hold...........

Well halleluiah!!

Here's her description of the problem (summarized).

The PP security system had flagged the transaction, because I have a Canadian IP address, a US PP account, and purchasing item on ebay.com.

SHe spoke with the PP security boys, they "manually" verified I am legit, purchase is OK, and they removed the flag.  The purchase just completed!!!!!

SO, now I am happy.

I wonder what will happen if I ever try to buy another ebay USA item?

Thanks for clarifying, its difficult to answer without details and leads to making assumptions.

I assumed that you where paying as a PP guest and did not have an account. Cannot open a second one with same financials and doubt would help.

No way to know why its not working for you. I thought  maybe the US only seller has PP preferences set to block non US paypal payments but only he could check .

Wish could be more help.

shivesybay
Community Member

The reason for purchasing two copies of the same item (I only want one) stems directly from the snafu that I assume is PayPal's. I was hoping to avoid describing the entire saga (cuz who really cares anyway), but I will add at least some flesh in response to heidilynn0_3 (who I thank for replying).

Yes, I can read, and was aware at the outset that seller does not ship to Canada. That is why I arranged to provide a USA shipping address. So, the seller is happy to ship to the address supplied (I confirmed this with the seller).

The duplicate order occurred in my neophyte-to-ebay attempt to "re-try" to buy the item after the initial PayPal purchase attempts failed. I could not find a way to cancel the second, duplicate, unwanted item via ebay, so I contacted the seller, who was understanding, and cancelled the duplicate order from his end.

I have phoned ebay agents twice, but they say the problem is not ebay's.

I phoned PayPal twice, and they say the problem is "in the ether" that is their "system", and they cannot explain what may have gone wrong, they cannot fix the problem, or even diagnose the problem. Their advice to me was to either "keep trying every two hours to pay, and eventually it may work", or to arrange for a relative with a Paypal account to make the purchase, and pay them back. In short, I am a little surprised and very disappointed that a better, easier PayPal solution was not available.

I checked with my credit card supplier, and all is good there, no blocks or flags.

I assume you mean "open ANOTHER PP account" to confirm my card. Does that mean there is no way for me to check the credit card number with my existing PP account?  Regardless, that sounds like a good idea, I will try to open a second account and see if it works for me.

Regarding sticking to ebay.ca:  I would, but the specific item I have been searching for, for months, does not exist on the Canadian ebay site. The only supplier I can find anywhere, is the one selling on ebay.com.

That said, if I ever do achieve success and actually receive the item I want, I doubt I will be keen to purchase through eBay in future. I know, millions of transactions are completed with smiling faces all around, and mine is probably a singular problem, but.............  😞

Hi .. You purchased 2 same items from a seller who, listing states , does not ship to Canada. Did you ask seller if they would ship prior to purchase.

Contact seller and try to resolve.  High cost to seller for ebay fees on those 2 sales. Seller can file a mutual cancellation that ebay will ask you to accept.

Payment may have been blocked for that reason.

Open a PP account and confirm your card. That way will know you are good to go. Confine browsing to .ca , items are available to Canada until you become familiar.

Ask a Question