can i use a canadian ebay gift card on my order and pay the rest using credit card?

briagua9
Community Member

can i use a canadian ebay gift card on my order and pay the rest using credit card? and do i need a paypal account to use a canadian ebay gift card? do i have to use paypal to pay the rest? my local 7-11 now has canadian ebay gift cards so i am wondering if i can use it with my credit card and if i can use it even though i dont have a paypal account.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

So that's your basic question answered.

However.

If you have a Paypal account,you have two kinds of Buyer Protection.

EBay allows 30 days from delivery (or last estimated delivery) to dispute a transaction.

Paypal allows 180 days from purchase to dispute a transaction.

There is no charge for a buyer to use a PP account.

PP is a very secure method of payment.

And by the way if you use your credit card, the payment will be processed by Paypal

PP accounts backed by a credit card make instant payments, unlike those backed by debit cards or bank accounts.

Some sellers Block bidders who do not have active PP accounts.

And I would question whether, in case of a dispute, a transaction that used two different forms of payment would actually refund the whole payment or only the first partial payment, ignoring the second partial payment.

This has come up in the past when transactions were done in a form of layaway.

Apparently you have cash and you have a credit card.

Put the cash on the credit card.  Open a PP account. Back the card with your credit card.

KISS.

mcrlmn
Community Member

"If you want to use the Gift Card to make a purchase that exceeds the available balance on the Gift Card, you must combine the use of the Gift Card with additional payment from your PayPal account or other funding source. You agree that we are not responsible if you do not have enough funds on your Gift Card to facilitate a transaction."

Ask a Question