i sold a car to an american, but the buyer says that pay pal isn't accepting his credit cards. So I haven't received a deposit yet. His emai

cc_zz_88
Community Member

I sold a car to an american, but the buyer says that pay pal isn't accepting his credit cards. So I haven't received a deposit yet.

What other forms of payment can i ask for? Can i ask for western union or wire transfer?

I have sent him 3 messages, he hasn't responded, what should i do?

His address is a post office address & his hotmail email address doesn't work.

I suspect that he may be another seller selling a similar vehicle, with a different id, & just wants no competition.

What should i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Hello 'cc_zz',

You are allowed to accept other forms of payment, but at this point what makes you think any of them will be forthcoming?

The buyer says his credit cards don't work, he ignores all your messages, he does not have a real address, and his email address doesn't work.  And you're still hoping to get paid?

When people say that "paypal isn't accepting their credit cards", -- the fault is rarely with paypal, you understand.  I would be surprised if you ever heard from the person again.

In my opinion, you really ought to go for the Unpaid Item as soon as possible.  Click on the link provided by heidilynn, it will tell you all about it.

You will have to pay final value fees on that $5000, and most sellers in your position would be counting down until 'hour 96' when they can launch that claim.  The buyer has 4 days to respond, and then you can close the claim and get your fees back.  It means your vehicle is tied up for 8 days.  Sorry.

After that, add the person to your list of blocked bidders here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

Motor sales are non binding and sure doesn't sound like yours is going to be a success.

You have been charged a successful listing fee and should be thinking about recovery...

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Close on day 5.

Add the buyers ID to your blocked bidder list.

This buyer sounds susicious to me.  If he offers to send a check and asks you to wire the difference back to him, DON'T DO IT!  It's a scam!

His email accounts may have been terminated because someone might have reported him for fraudulant activity.

scifan57
Community Member
You can ask him to send you a money order or a cheque.a money order is better. Here is the accepted payments policy,which allows asking for money orders and cheques in the eBay motors category. You could also report him for having invalid contact information.

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

You can open an unpaid item claim

Also if this was a promo sale which has ended, you can cancel as payment is not receive yet.

also you can wait if you really need the sale  and try the unpaid claim

Good luck

Ask a Question