Buyer wants more qty and pay extra through Paypal. Is it allowed?

Buyer bought a lot of goods and the payment never came in. (cancelled or not accepted, I don't know, but I've been waiting 9 days and then, no payment approved). Now, he is asking me for more goods and a Paypal address for paying all by Paypal directly. Is it allowed by eBay? and if so, how does that sound?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

leb17
Community Member

Hi again.... and Thanks for clearing things up..Best to do is to come to a agreement (price and the shipping cost) on what the buyer wants.

Once agreed then make up a listing with the BIN price and email the buyer with the item number (NOTE: some sellers will use the buyer ebay ID in the title) this way nobody will snatch it away from the buyer when the buyer does a search for for the item with their ID.

You have no protection if they use "send money" to your PP address it need to be done through ebay.

Once done then you can cancel the original listing (not the one you and the buyer agreed to for more items) then you can receive your FVF (Final Value Fees) back from ebay. 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

it's not exactly this so:

1) it was that kind of payment. and it now says in Paypal "The payment was canceled and the money was returned to the sender's account" (it was cancelled after waiting 9 days)

2) he wants me to add quantity of the same item and change price. Then, he said he would pay directly to my adress in Paypal.

sorry I was not clear enough first time. thanks

leb17
Community Member

Hi.. lets resolve one issue at a time...you say

"Buyer bought a lot of goods and the payment never came in. (cancelled or not accepted, I don't know, but I've been waiting 9 days and then, no payment approved)."

You need to get paid for what the buyer has won so far first...if the buyer says they have paid they might have sent a echeck that could take 8-10 days to clear..check your PP (PayPal) account..if not paid yet and you agree to more items won then do this:

If the buyer wants more of your items that you have listed then tell them that once won you will send a invoice for all of the items they have won...if you don't have the items listed then tell the buyer you will be listing them and put a BIN (Buy It Now) price on the listing and send them the item number...by doing it any other way will be considered a off ebay transaction and thats a NO..NO.

Swarovski is an Austrian firm and does not sell from China. At best these crystals should be described as "rhinestones" although even that indicates that they are European.

Much of the inexpensive jewelry shipped from China is fake, overdescribed or counterfeit. This can become a huge problem for the unaware seller.

very helpful! thank you very much for your time. Happy new year 🙂