Dealing with a non-paying buyer (with unpaid item case already opened previously) leaving negative feedback

big_sandwich
Community Member

I was selling something and the buyer didn't pay, so I opened an unpaid item case. Someone from eBay messaged me to say that I can request payment from the buyer again, but I never got it.

About a month later, the buyer leaves me a negative feedback with only the comment "no". I reported it, but it seems like I am unable to leave the buyer any feedback either and there is no progress.

Is there anything I can do? I do not want to have my feedback garnished by someone who wasted a month of my time without sending me payment (and I had to pay the Final Value fees as well).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Really unfortunate , must close within 36 days of the sale or ebay will, resulting in loss of final value fee and buyer does not receive that much deserved strike against their account.

Could call Customer Support and say i misunderstood closing , lost my fees,  relisted ,and least you can do is remove that negative. No guarantees.

Hi.. Listing ended on Nov .2 , buyer left the negative on Dec. 2. What happen to your unpaid dispute. All that was necessary was to close the dispute on day 5 and eBay would have credited fees and buyer could not have left feedback or if did so, ebay would remove.

Sellers can only leave positive feedback and i'm sure you have no desire to do that.

Have you blocked the bidder from buying further..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

In the future, do not wait for ebay to close an unpaid item dispute. You close it at least 4 full days (96 hours) after opening it.

Add the buyer to your blocked bidders list and set your buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item disputes in the past 12 months.

big_sandwich
Community Member

eBay automatically closed the dispute and told me to request payment from the buyer again, which I never received.