Ebay & Buyer sitting in a tree, S-E-L-L-E-R-?

THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT AND I HOPE THST THE MESSAGE GETS ACROSS AND IS READ AND SHARED AMONGST THE SELLERS.

I WILL MAKE THIS MUCH SHORTER THAN IT WAS TO NOT LISE MOST OF YOU, IN A BIRING PROCESS, BUT THANK YOU FOR READING...

IT ALL STARTED WHEN I SENT A PACKAGE TO A CUSTOMER VIA AIR MAIL SMALL PACKET, NO TRACKING.
CUSTOMER ON PRECISELY DAY 14, ON THE HOUR, ON THE MINUTE, " PACKAGE NOT RECEIVED, STILL WANT ITEM"
NOT A PROBLEM, I SAY, SEND ANOTHER WITH TRACKING, AND AS SOON AS HISTORY SHOWING IN TRACKING APP, CUSTOMER CALLS EBAY AND STATES NEEDS REFUND NOW.
EBAY TAKES MY MONEY, SENDS IT TO CUSTOMER. IN THE MEAN TIME, I APPEAL, BECAUSE I CAN TRACK THE PACKAGE AND ITS ABOUT TO ARRIVE.
PACKAGE DELIVERED, CALL EBAY NO REFUND, I GOT BRUSHED OFF. CALL 2, CALL 3, CALL 4...AND STILL I LOST OVER $100, CUSTOMER GETS TWO FREE ITEMS, AND I DONT EVEN GET PAID FOR ONE, EVEN THO ITS PROVEN DELIVERED.
ANYONE CAN HELP WITH MY SITUATION, EBAY KEEPS TELLING ME YOU'LL GET A EMAIL AND THE 4RTH TIME IT WAS YOU'LL GET YOUR REFUND AND STILL NOTHING. I FEEL THAT THEY CAN'T GET THE MONEY FROM THE CUSTOMER, AND THEY DONT WANT TO FESS UP TO THEIR MISTAKE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

When we go commando on tracking, we are gambling that the shipment will arrive on time.

This is not always a safe bet, especially in these times of "supply chain disruptions".

And it depends on category.

I sell to philatelists, sewers and readers. A calm a stable bunch who read and follow instructions.

Coins? Dolls? Electronics? Sneakers? Different mind sets.

You sold a coin.

You shipped without tracking

The buyer complained that it had not arrived.

You sent a replacement with tracking.

Sigh.

The buyer opened an Item Not Recieved Dispute. (INR)

Since you could not prove the first item was delivered, and since the replacement with tracking did not show delivery, you lost the case.

This is a learning opportunity.

When you send without tracking, you need Cookie Jar Insurance.

This is just putting a few pennies from any sale into a virtual Cookie Jar as self-insurance against losses- whether valid or not.

When you have an INR, refund do NOT replace.

First because eventually the original will be delivered, because the postal system is good at its job, if sometimes slow.

Second because of exactly your situation, the buyer gets two free items, and you are out two not one item.

And over time there can be quite a lot of profit in the Cookie Jar.

What to do?

Well, ignore phone reps. They are underpaid, undertrained, sub-contractors and have no authority.

Use Chat (written not oral) or FaceBook or Twitter to appeal your case.

Show the tracking that shows (late) delivery. 

The written record and the fact that these reps are eBay employees should be helpful.

Also, since most people are honest, and since you have proof that the second shipment has been delivered, bill the buyer for the second item. This was relatively easy with Paypal, not very easy but possible, but may need some fiddling to do with Managed Payments. This works about half the time.

And learn.

Sigh.

Never send a replacement.

Refund.

It's cheaper in the long run.