Inbox spam + lowball offers from one person

Hello,
Recently I have been receiving multiple messages from one ebay member either asking me to lower all my prices or complaining about how all of my prices are unfair. This buyer will also send me lowball offers of like $5 for a $25 item.

I have already blocked him but I continue to receive his messages in my inbox; is there something I can do to block him from sending me messages? Or is there justification for me to report him? I was looking through the messaging policy and couldn't find anything in relation to my situation.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I had similar thing happen to me a while back. If you go to Block Buyers page (not the list of blocked buyers but the page link itself) lower down on the page is "Don't allow blocked bidders to contact me", this will stop anyone you've blocked from contacting you THROUGH YOUR LISTINGS, however if you've already messaged him back he can still respond back using your message as the way. He won't however be able to bid or shouldn't be able to contact you on any new listings. Once done just resist the urge to message him back if he keeps trying and eventually he won't be able to reach you once messages expire.

I don't know if you can report him for this, I think blocking him is the way.

I think we have all had our "Vulture" moment here on eBay, and as others have stated add them to the list of shame, the block bidders list.

I also had one of these many, many years ago. Made over 40 offers in one day, all at about 99% off the asking prices (now I use presets for the pricing in all my BIN listings, I do not even see "lowball" offers anymore, all automatically sifted).

Then after responding with "counter-offers" for each and everyone they replied with all new counter-offers ranging from .50 to $1.00 more per item, to which I declined every single one.

...added them to the block list, then the messages started.

Eventually, they went away, as I simply did not respond or even look at any other message they ever sent. I also noted that they vanished from my blocked bidder list as they became an @deleted with this recent MP purge of accounts...

About half of the accounts I blocked have gone (become @deleted) since the implementation of Managed Payments, so I guess it has its benefits after all...

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @nipponhero - that's really frustrating! @msau4301 gave you some good information on steps you can take to make sure you're minimizing your exposure to them. 

A buyer is still able to 'ask seller a question' from your listings, and those will come through to you (I keep hearing rumors that an overhaul of the entire message system is in the works, which could resolve this, but more detail is hard to find). 

For now though, based on what you're describing this buyer has no intent to actually facilitate a transaction (especially after you indicated you don't want to communicate with them any longer). Any CS rep can review this and take appropriate action on this other member's account for failing to abide by the terms of the Member to Member communication system

I personally prefer the CS team on social media (I work with them closely and am confident in their training, skills and abilities). In addition, no waiting on hold, or for that call back - you can just send a private message via Facebook or Twitter with the details and a member of the team will be with you - usually with a few hours up to the next day. 

I hope this helps!

You can also set up Best Offer to automatically reject any offers under a set amount.

And conversely to accept any offers over a set amount.

You never see the rejected offers but the customer gets a polite response.

I am not sure if that rejection counts as a Response to an annoyance like your Best Buddy. tyler@ebay   can you help with that?