Leaving due to managed payments

mike58
Community Member

I am leaving ebay as a seller. I have given up trying to register for managed payments from Canada. My friend is leaving as well. He is a major seller. He did not even try to register. He does not trust eBay with his personal and financial information. He can still list and sell as usual. I tried to register. The result is that I am restricted pending verification of my information. I have spent hours being lied to by eBay reps over the phone. For the longest time there was a technical issue that was going to be resolved shortly. Now I find that the verification process is to blame. Enough !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I found registering a little worrisome, but since I am aware that until 2015 Paypal was wholly owned by eBay, their "access" to my bank information did not worry me.

I gave PP and eBay that access back in 2002 when eBay dropped BillPoint and bought PP from Elon Musk

I'm not selling on this account  temporarily.  I am signed up under another busy account but will not add this one until I get my first payment in my new online chequing account, with a bank I will only be using for online sales, and feel comfortable with the process.

My only real objection to MP is that I can only have one bank account, it has to be Canadian (not an American bank), and I can only receive payments in one currency.

With PP I have several banks including two, one American and one Canadian, in US funds.