No email saying Item Sold

jcd931
Community Member

I sold a couple of items these last two days.  I received notices from Paypal saying I have new funds, but I haven't received an email from Ebay saying "Item Sold."   I'm pretty sure I used to receive these emails.  Has something changed in the last while, or is there somewhere I should indicate I would like a confirmation email.  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

It's been periodically flaky for awhile. I get the sold notices from ebay about 80 per cent of the time now and the other 20 just never arrive.  Luckily, Paypal messages are reliable or I'd never know when I needed to ship things.

On a related note, the messages don't say, 'Your ebay item Sold!' like they once did. Something there too changed a few weeks ago. Now the message says, 'Sale Confirmed: title' with some sort of minuscule icon I cannot decipher. 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

@jcd931 wrote:

I sold a couple of items these last two days.  I received notices from Paypal saying I have new funds, but I haven't received an email from Ebay saying "Item Sold."   I'm pretty sure I used to receive these emails.  Has something changed in the last while, or is there somewhere I should indicate I would like a confirmation email.

eBay has made some changes to the sold messages.

Mine used to be from ebay@ebay.ca -- now mine come from ebay@ebay.com

Title used to be "Your eBay item sold! " plus listing name plus listing number

now it is:

Stupid graphic character + "Sale confirmed: " plus first 20 characters from listing name

Basically dumbing down the heading info for cellphone usage, making it look more like junk mail, and now requires reading the message to see what has been sold.

-..-

PS: I call it a stupid graphic character because (to my eyes) it looks like money flying away from the seller...

I've been getting those on the appropriate email sites,so no help from me on that.

The most important ones of course are the Paypal account itself and the bell icon at the top right of your eBay pages which also tell you  that you have a sale.

jcd931
Community Member

Thanks all for your replies.  Much appreciated.

💸 Sale confirmed: LEGO 71021 Series 18.....

This is the icon. Except too tiny to decipher as the subject line in my Inbox. 

Also, if I may play semantics: in my books, a 'sale' does not transpire until money changes hands so for ebay to alter the wording from 'your item sold' to 'sale confirmed' is misleading. The 'sale' of that item is 'confirmed' when I receive payment, not when the buyer express their intention to purchase which is all that a 'sale' is in this context when the rest of the message reads as follows: 

Sold and unpaid.

Great news, your item sold. Now it’s time to get it ready. Hi Maureen, Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment. We'll send your buyer a reminder to pay within 48 hours. 

There is a difference between this message and one from a  listing where Immediate Payment Required was enabled and the listing is ended because the seller (me) actually received payment. So, if the software is intelligent enough to know whether payment has actually been received, the subject line should be similarly distinguishable between both variables. 

Sold and paid.

Congratulations, your item sold and it’s been paid for. Hi Maureen, It's time to pack up your item and ship it out. Make sure you send it within 0 day, the handling option you selected in your listing.