Not happy with a fee structure how can I cancel all my listings?

My fault is that I jumped and listed my expensive HIFI gear on Ebay.

I don't have a store and not reseling anything. Just my stuff I bought and already payed HST.

I cross listed on Canuck Audio Mart also, thinking the more places I list I will sell it faster. Now I realized that if i sell an item for C$3500 i have to pay eBay C$681??? For the same item I got an offer on CAM Borad $3500 via PayPal. My question is can I cancel my account and all my listing without repercusion from eBay?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

If you go to help and contact at the top of the page it will bring up a list of your  listings and you should be able to end them there. I don't remember if that will work for both auctions and fixed price listinfs.  You have a bid on at least one auction so you would need to cancel the bid before you end the listing. You can do that on the following page as long as there are more than 12 hours left in the auction. 
https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/cancelling-bid?id=4140&st=3&pos=1&query=C...

BUT...eBay may still charge you final value fees if you cancel a bid and then end the listing. 

On another note.,,I am amazed that cables can cost that much! 

I believe the current final value fee rate on consumer electronics is as follows. FVF = (Item price + shipping + sales taxes) x 12.35%

Buy it Now listings can be ended at any time, this will not impact your ebay account. The ended listing will be saved for up to 90 days in the unsold list, they are easily relisted from there but if not relisted they will eventually be deleted.

As a new seller you are subject to elevated risk, to be honest I'm surprised ebay has allowed you in excess of $15,000 in listings. Sale proceeds will be subject to lengthy holds in your Payments account. The application for and approval of a Payments account should be done prior to listing items for sale, skipping this step introduces further delay in accessing sale proceeds.

Auctions are more difficult to terminate or edit if bids have been placed, or the end date is approaching. Auctions can be ended early though. In certain circumstances bids can be cancelled, I've never took such an action, unsure how ebay views such actions.

It's easy enough to cancel your existing listings, just go to your listing summary and there is drop down menu and one of the choices is "End Listing". That will end it and there can be no final value fees without a sale. However if you have chosen extra placement or listing upgrades they may still be payable. If you just listed with the basic free listing (only paying final value fees) you can end them at no cost. 

It's best not to start selling here with higher ticket items until you see how the fee structure works. The fees are charged on total cost plus shipping and taxes. As long as you know this ahead you can price accordingly.

I wouldn't advise closing your account immediately, if you take down your listings you can't incur any more costs and it would show good faith (look less sketchy than suddenly vanishing!), especially since it looks like you have had a sale (I don't know how recently). If recent eBay will need you to wait the required time for item to be confirmed as delivered and that there is no issue (30 days from delivery).

Thank you for reply. No I did not have a sale yet. I asked him kindly to wait till I figure this out.

That's going to be a problem.

If you have a buyer , you have a sale.

Even if he has not yet paid.

And your fees are due, even if he has not paid.

You have to cancel, either as an Unpaid Item (he has 96 hours to pay) or Buyer Request.

Anything else you will be penalized, because eBay doesn't like unhappy buyers. It reflects on all sellers.

If you mean you have an auction bid , but the auction is ongoing, you can cancel the bid.

You can Block the bidder.

But when that happens, as others have said, eBay may assume you took the sale "off-eBay" and will charge you their fees anyway.

On that $400 cable that would be $50.00 on the purchase (that didn't happen)+ 12.5% of your shipping charge which is "free".

Free Shipping means you have included your shipping costs in the asking price, so no difference there.

But if the auction on that cable ends in five days, the current bidder (or someone else) wins, you have to ship. No matter what you may have politely asked him to do.

I do suggest that you take down your other listings immediately, since you don't think eBay is the right venue.

By the way Paypal also charges a fee. I think at the moment it is 3.9% for domestic sales, plus a further international fee for US or overseas customers.

Just my stuff I bought and already payed HST.

Doesn't matter . The tax is on the transaction not on the product.

And it's a Value Added Tax on goods and services.

However, your buyer pays the appropriate tax for his location, not you.

You do pay eBay's fee on his  ENTIRE payment, which would include the tax you never touch, shipping (in this case 'free') and the purchase price.