I am a Canadian Registered Business on eBay and unable to collect sales tax ?

beekout
Community Member

Hello I am a Canadian registered business on eBay and I have done everything required to collect sales tax on ebay Canada by filling in the sales tax table, business information, and VAT numbers but when try to revise any active listings that is required and select (check the box beside charge sales tax according to the sales tax table) I'm unable to find this check box according to ebay help instructions? I've called in 6 times trying to get help or information and everytime I speak to some one new they tell me something different every time and say they will look into and call me back but no one ever does and when I call back they give me a run around saying different things everytime one instance they said they already collect sales tax so I dont need to which is not true because the invoice statement doesnt say so and they try telling me that the fees I pay when selling an item is the sales tax ??? How does sales tax come out of my sold price and not added on and clearly stated and even the sales tax percentage is wrong??? I'm so frustrated with their customer service help and dont' want to not use their platform anymore can someone please help me thank you.

View Entire Topic

I have the exact same problem.

There is no way to apply my sales tax table to my listings.

The 'check box' is not there.

Everytime I make a canadian sale I am paying the sales tax out of my pocket.

Ebay has no solution and has not provided any updates on the problem or what they're doing about it.

Very frustrating.