I would like to start selling items ; how do I list them in US dollars?

I have been buying items and now would like to sell but want items listed in US dollars. Do I need to open a new account on ebay.com or can I do this on ebay.ca. Also, can I use my US credit card to receive the funds?

View Entire Topic

You don't need a new account.

Just change the ebaydotCA in the URL at the top of this page to ebaydotCOM and you will be on the US site.

Note that you MUST* list in USD on that site , just as you must list in loonies here or in euros on the German site.

You also MUST* ship to the USA if you list on dotCOM.

You will be using Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location. You cannot use Calculated Shipping.

This may be useful:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Otherwise there are no important differences.

No you can't use your credit card.

You have to set up a Managed Payments account, which also pays your eBay fees, and attach it to a chequing account in a Canadian bank.

The Canadian bank account can be held in US dollars, but check about the costs of currency exchange before deciding. Once you choose the currency you can't change the account to accept loonies.

*I realize these are obvious, but we do see some sellers who cannot emotionally accept this.