Hi, Why did Last Quarter's Seller Supply Coupon EXPIRE B4 MIDNIGHT EST 12/31/19 ??

I wasn't able to take advantage of the $70 Store  Seller Supply Coupon; I have the items in My Cart still!  --I am generally attacking my To-Do list right at the deadline! - Thus I have over the years, many times made my Supply Purchases and applied the coupon within 30 minutes of it expiring. A couple times within minutes as I am slow to make a choice! - The coupon has always applied the credit without an issue.  --Was the "end time" changed ? I was going through check out at 11:45 est on 12/31/19  and I was told that the coupon had already expired. I tried several times to no avail. - I reside on the West Coast so I still had time to yell Happy New Year in my time zone.

so yes my time was 8:45pm - Does anyone know what may have happened here? 

--- Is there any Over-ride Gods/ Goddesses that could still apply the coupon for me? - My purchases will prove out the time on 12/31 and I also took screen shots to mark the exact time and error message......

Thank you - Melanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I wonder if the quarterly coupon forgot to adjust for the Daylight Savings time change and thus expired at 11pm Eastern Standard Time (midnight Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

tyler@ebay 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@watermelonmemories2005 

I just checked the one I received for this quarter and the specifics say 11:59 plus 59 seconds Eastern time. Time Zones and offers can be a bit "hidden" at times with one having to really watch closely offer to offer.

When is it?

The coupon offer will begin on or after the 1st day of each quarter, and will expire on the last day of the quarter in which it was issued at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (“Promotion Listing Period”).

eBucks arrived in my Gmail main folder in the afternoon on Jan 2, 2020  with the eBay version arriving  20 hours later. it expires 1 month later  Feb 2, 11:59 ET.

-Lotz

Ask a Question