I shipped something and marked it as shipped, but the buyer says that it doesn't show its been shipped. is this a glitch?

I sold something to this guy, i marked it as shipped after i'd shipped it, but the guy messaged me asking if i've shipped it. Is this a site issue? because he says it didn't show on his end that it was shipped, there was no problems though just wondering if this is a site issue and would really appreciate some feedback!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You'd appreciate some feedback?  I'm sure with time you'll get lots, - let's hope it's all positive.:^O

The situation you describe could be a glitch today.  Ebay is fiddling about with new icons, - no idea why, the old ones worked just fine.  This morning on my Purchase History all the icons had changed, but ebay had gotten the 'review item' and 'leave feedback' icons mixed up.  Haha, I got a good laugh out of that!  Now they are back to the old way.  Tomorrow, something different again?

I'd say send a message to your buyer and tell him that ebay is tinkering around with the icons and you believe that to be the problem.  Did you get any kind of postal number when you mailed it?  It you have a tracking or delivery confirmation number, great, give him that.  If not, - do you have any postal receipt number you can offer by way of assuring him that the item has been mailed and is on its way? 

If the buyer is in the US remind him that the item has to pass through US Customs so it will take longer than if it was mailed state-to-state.  If the buyer is Canadian, - honestly, Canadians really ought to know better!  But same thing, let him know it's on its way, and that Canada Post is extremely thorough and efficient, but not very fast.

Sometimes just the fact that you are earnestly communicating with the buyer will put his mind at ease.  And always keep it sweet, after all, you mentioned you wanted feedback. 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

by feedback i meant an answer haha, but thanks i really appreciate it! Yeah the buyer messaged me but i told him i shipped it so he knows 🙂 just wanted to ask to see if this was a problem or not so i could further reassure him that's all! thanks 😄 

Ask a Question