Partial refund for an item that the seller never shipped

laurenmichau-0
Community Member

THE SELLER (THIEF) 

I don't understand how Ebay could allow such an obvious stealing attempt from this seller. Any comment can help. ty

I request to cancel an order (Tales from the crypt complete series) cause the invoice was in USD$ instead of CAD$, and it was not shown at all in the invoice (See joined picture as example). I'm in Canada, so all my invoices should be in cad$, or clearly show usd$.

This bug from Ebay made me pay 30% more than I was comfortable to pay. So I wanted to cancel the transaction.

I sent messages to the seller, who never replyed. Not even now, 7 days after the sale. 

I didn't really have the option to ask for a cancellation, so I opened a refund request. And the seller sent a PARTIAL REFUND of 12,99$ usd, and kept 21,78$ usd (The whole shipping price, but for an item he NEVER SHIPPED). Then Ebay close the case, and keep telling me that the case is closed, so they can't do anything.

Am I crazy to feel that their procedure doesn't make any sense? They've basically let him steal 21,78$usd from me. He didn't ship anything and can just relist it. The shipping fees should have been credited back to me. Obviously. They can't reopen a case when they took a bad decision? Really?

And now, after seeing that I asked for a full refund directly via PayPal, the seller suddenly mark the item as shipped. 7 days after the sale. Wow! This is bullsh.t cause there's no way he's sending it. He just hope it will delay the procedures.

Thanks for the help.

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Is that $21.78 direct shipping or Global Shipping Program shipping?  If it's the latter the seller never received those funds, eBay did.  

Ian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

It doesn't matter if you were invoice in CAD or USD, the seller's price is the sellers price. So you would pay the same regardless.

As far as cancellations, sellers have the ability to cancel the orders if requested by the buyer.  Buyers can open cases depending on the situation.

If you have an open claim on PayPal, escalate it and don't accept any promise of  goods or refunds outside of the dispute. 

Other than that, all I can suggest is to keep an eye out on how you are invoiced as it shows you in your screenshots the exchange rate. If you want the chance to review items, you can always "Add To Cart", which lets you see details of the item price and shipping without committing to buying it in the case of a BIN.

Neither swearing nor naming the seller makes your case any stronger.

If the seller is listing on dotCOM, his prices are in US dollars.

If you are Searching on dotCOM, the price will be in US dollars.

If you are Searching on dotCA, the price will show in loonies, until you open the listing at which time it will show in BOTH currencies.

All listings on dotCOM are in US dollars.

All listings on dotCA are in loonies.

(For that matter, all listings on dotDE are in euros and all listings on dotAU are in Australian dollars.)

So if you buy on a foreign site, you will be paying the foreign currency price which is fixed PLUS foreign exchange, which is changeable.

The ~$21 shipping clearly states it is for International Shipping, and it too is in Canadian dollars, although if you were to look at the dotCOM listing, it would be in US dollars.

When you saw that price, you did not have to complete the purchase.                    

But you did and sent money and then:

I didn't really have the option to ask for a cancellation, so I opened a refund request.

You can always ask for a cancellation, although the seller is not required to agree.  If he cancels 'at buyer request' he has no penalty except the annoyance of having a non-paying customer.

If your seller does not agree to the cancellation, you have several options.

• Don't pay. The seller can then either cancel (as above) or open an Unpaid Item Request which takes longer and ties up his stock for up to eight days.
  • Open an Item Not Received Dispute after the last estimated date for delivery. Keep in mind that your seller used a tracked service (based on the cost of shipping) so if it does arrive you will lose the case when he provides eBay with the number.

You have opened a Paypal Dispute. The seller has provided a tracking number which shows he has shipped the goods you paid for.

Since you don't mention anything about the $12.99 you were already refunded, it sounds as if you are getting the DVDs at a bargain price and the seller is losing money on the deal.

nvm

Ask a Question