need to send an email to get my autorization for more listing

qu323pr09
Community Member

hi,  I have tried to list more items, but it does not work, can you fix the limit to 50 items free listing.

View Entire Topic

All new members face certain restrictions on eBay- yes, even buyers!

Because eBay is so large and works worldwide, policing the site is difficult and depends mostly on cleaning up messes after they happen.

One way of preventing messes to make new sellers prove themselves.

New sellers, especially those in high value / high fraud categories, are restricted in the number and value of the items they sell.

(Although your china and crystal is probably neither, if I were considering a newbie in that category, I would worry about a high level of shipping damage claims. )

Also, the new seller's payments are Held by Paypal for 21 days (less for US sellers) against good service.

So your restrictions are not personal, it's business.

You can call Customer Support and request more listings, but it is doubtful you will get them until you have completed the probation period, which requires a certain number of successful transactions. You can request an upgrade about once a month.

BTW- May I suggest that when you do make a new listing, or when you revise the ones you have, that you fill in the Item Condition and Item Specifics sections. Also, use both capital and small letters when describing your items.

Using all caps or all small letters looks as if you are ignorant of proper language. And that, along with low feedback, is a scammer magnet.

And-- on that Norwood basket you sold-- did you ship before the buyer's payment had cleared? Don't do that. Paypal will tell you when it is okay to ship, on your PP account page. You will be shipping before the Hold is released, but it should be clear that the money has been received.

You can still use the Held funds to buy PP shipping labels. If you didn't already know, you get from 5% to 17% off PO counter prices when you use those.

Ask a Question