You've exceeded the maximum number of messages you can send per day. Please wait until tomorrow to send more messages.

What is the maximum number of messages an eBay member can send to other members and "what is the definition of "per day" - is it calendar day and based on which time zone or is it a rolling 24 hour period from the time the first message was sent?

Most importantly, why is there a message limit if you are an eBay member in good standing and corresponding with other eBay members regarding live lots?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

This question is closed.

There should be no reason to send 15 or 16 messages a day unless you have thousands of items listed.

eBay is quite simple.

You list the items at the minimum price your are willing to accept and you put all of the required information in the listing.

Prospective buyers then either enter a bid of the maximum amount they are willing to pay or they click "Buy it Now"

Buyers pay by clicking on the "Pay Now" button in either the eMail eBay sends them or in the purchase history section of "My eBay"

The seller receives a message from paypal letting them know payment has been made and where to ship the item.

Here is a screen capture of a message received by some one trying to message me recently.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

You are likely correct and with your feedback # outside the restriction on new members.

No one really knows what restrictions ebay has on messaging and as i have never sent 15 in one day, can't offer any wisdom.

With eBay ..it is what it is.

10 messages today and 16 yesterday. How is it possible that this could cause the generation of the "maximum exceeded" message? That seems to indicate a cumulative number count control rather than a calendar day basis otherwise I should have received yesterday rather than today?

On eBay Canada it is a calendar day based upon Toronto time.

The number of messages you can send will increase with your feedback although no one seems to know the exact formula.

This is done to reduce the possobility of people using the eBay message system to conduct transactions outside of eBay.

Ask a Question