seller fails to provide feedback

vijayvalar
Community Member

It is mandatory to leave feedback from both sides (buyers & sellers).

Buyers get reminders. Do you have a similar policy for the seller?

If seller fails to provide feedback buyers are helpless. We buyers are losers. How can ebay protect the buyers?

I suggest that all transactions should be closed only if all aspects including feedback from both sides are completed.

Ebay should revise the regulations that both parties (buyer and seller) should provide feedback within a stipulated time. Otherwise concerned member should face a negative point from ebay.

This is a matter of discipline. I wish that Indian buyers and sellers accept this.

I have lost several feedcacks because of this lapse. No one should face it in future atleast.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

scifan57
Community Member

Leaving feedback is completely voluntary for both buyer and seller. Not everybody leaves feedback. Some people wait until the last minute, some leave it right away, and some leave it in batches every so often.

While it is nice to receive feedback, is it not true that sellers cannot leave anything but positive feedback?  (This is what I've been lead to believe.)  If so, it's a pointless feature for buyers, since all feedback will be 100% positive.  On the other hand, sellers are at the mercy of buyers who can leave negative feedback.  The feedback system is more to judge how good or bad sellers are.  It does nothing to tell the seller if a buyer is flakey or not.  I miss the "old days" when a seller could leave negative feedback to warn other sellers of a bad buyer.  (And no, I'm not a seller venting.. I've only ever sold two things on eBay.)

As the previous poster stated, feedback is not mandatory, merely voluntary.

Ask a Question