Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Feedback policies

Hi All, What is everyones feedback policies? We leave feedback right after payment and have gotten some neg feedback from some jokers. We reply to these but what is everyone elses policies. Just curious. Heritage Cycle Works

User avatar by Community Member
  • 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

MIRIAM: Why are counterfeit items allowed under Swarovski Brands?

Dear Miriam, While I have your attention there is another issue that has been bothering me for a long time. I sell Swarovski made products and I list under the category: Decorative Brands: Swarovski. All items I list under this category are stamped o...

Going on hold - what will happen to PS status?

Hi everyone! I am putting my ebay store on hold for a few months for a couple reasons but with my daughter 6 months old now I want to spend a bit of ebay-free time before I have to "go back to work". What will happen to my powerseller status? Will I ...

overstock.com now shipping to Canada

Just wondering if anyone is worried that overstock.com is now selling to Canada, will it affect your business? Really seems like the little guy is getting pushed out more and more. any thoughts

Selling Summary Recalculation Failed

Another "glitch". While upgrading quantities on certain items, an internal error occured and now my Selling Summary is gone. Darn, should have known better than to put in a quantity of 16!!!! Must have blown the fuses on eBay's computers trying to mu...

I wonder...

When eBay has flushed out all of us little guys and have attracted the big volume retailers they are looking for...will the 5 star rating system still exist? Those guys aren't nearly as fair or fast as us when it comes to shipping and they rank reall...

How to claim PST refund on purchases for resale?

When you import goods using commercial carriers, they automatically charge PST+GST from the imported goods so there is no way to claim PST exemption. I never tried to get PST refund (the amounts were too small to bother, etc), but now I accepted an i...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can a .com seller who states they sell to Canada not do so?

I found some great stuff from a .com seller who within his description says he doesn't ship outside of the U.S. AND Canada and then in his shipping FAQ describes how much Canadian's pay for shipping. When I tried to buy I couldn't. When seller finall...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sellers AND Buyers rejoice! eBay IT "glitches" don't discriminate!

Here's another new one that I can't explain..... I just purchased an item on eBay, and sent PayPal payment immediately. Payment went through, no problems at all. Just received an email (a few minutes after confirmation of the transaction going throug...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal Policy Updates

PayPal is a business that serves a new and exciting market. As that market changes, our business evolves. This page is dedicated to informing users in advance of important changes to the PayPal service, its User Agreement or other policies. Effective...

Miriam: ebay.com does not show time when listing ending

Miriam: I have almost 700 listings ending today and checked on ebay.com to see where they were on the list according to "Best Match". I was shocked to see that there was no ending time beside my listings, just "---". Its bad enough that we have to pu...

Miriam SVP update on fix for shipping glitch!

Hi - last week had terrible trouble with my input shipping info getting corrupted when the items launched so that shipping was way over charged. I edited all the items. Sunday night I listed 30 items and yesterday discovered that once again the posta...

$4 Shipping in the Music:Records category?

Hi, I'm from Canada and when I try to list on both eBay.com and eBay.ca it says that I cannot charge over $4 to ship a record. It costs $8.55CAN to ship a vinyl LP by Canada post plus $1.25 for a mailer. How does eBay expect me to only charge $4 for ...

BIG TIME FRAUD - from the UK - MIRIAM

Found out that the unauthorized payment that I reported here earlier is now, under fraud investigation. Until now I thought I was the only one being scammed, but another seller of xmods left feedback for this buyer, so I got in touch with them and fo...

Billing Currency

Wondering if it's possible to change our billing currency for ebay fees from Canadian $$$ to US $$$? We list on ebay.ca and our listing currency is US and our billing currency is Canadian....would like to pay our fees in US $$$ thru our Paypal accoun...

Miriam - Help

Miriam please help - refer to "Editing - Relisting " recently post. Why hasn't a notice been posted about this problem!!! I won't be able to get my items out there now and I have lost the "5 cent" advantage!!!!!!!

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

We noticed your shipping cost looks high compared to other listings in your

Hi there is anyone other than myself getting bugged with warning Shipping from Canada our hands are tie if I charge any less I will have to subsidize the cost of the shipping I realize I am listing on .com but this is silly they know we are in Canada...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay email forwarding intermitently not working

Recently (last few weeks) more and more people tell me that they kept emailing me and I did not reply. I just looked at my eBay Messages and truly there is some emails messages that were never forwarded to my email. In order to find out if this is on...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback bomber

I recently sold a small item to a buyer in Greece (230256300925) who left a negative feedback citing high shipping cost. I wasn't happy about the negative since my shipping costs are upfront and in my mind reasonable, but that's life. This morning I ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

LISTING DESIGNER- Paying for a SERVICE that eBay isn't uniformly providing?

eBay Listing Designer Anyone still opt to use eBay's Listing Designer? Does the placement of a PHOTO affect the auction's outcome? I like to have control over where the PICTURE is placed- mostly at the TOP, or at the side for MULTIPLE ITEM/CHOICE auc...

eBay.ca or eBay.com - or Both??

In several posts, I read about people having two registrations, or reference to having a registration with eBay.ca and eBay.com. Is there an advantage to being registered with eBay.com as opposed to being registered with eBay.ca? What are the benefit...

TOP REVIEWER Banner- missing in action ???

Hs anyone noticed that the TOP # REVIEWER BANNER have no visibility in eBay's NEWEST page format? Where they used to be next to/ or under your eBay user ID, at the right hand side, at the top: on the NEW page- they are nowhere to be found. AM I OVERL...

Invoicing - where to add GST and PST numbers.

I have one buyer who wants a proper invoice on the company letterhead with GST and PST numbers. While in Ontario/Canada I don't think we are required to maintain company letterhead (so I am going to deny this portion of their request to keep it simpl...

• 38 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay traders accuse site of selling out.

Sellers fear online auctions will die after a decision to allow fixed-price marketing by major retailers David Smith, technology correspondent The Observer, Sunday August 10 2008 Going, going, gone? Furious fans have accused eBay, the website that br...

Should I close My Ebay Store?

Just wondering with this new 30 day Listing coming up, is it worth the money to have a store now? I know alot has to do with what you sell, it seems seems 30 day listings will do the job. Also ever since this ebay new page testing etc. my ebay like d...

Auction Bytes: eBay Changes Search, Bans Checks & Money Orders

eBay made major announcements overnight, including major fee changes to its Buy-It-Now Fixed Price listing format effective September 16, 2008 (see today's other news stories in AuctionBytes.com for details). eBay said it would also make changes to F...

WHERE DID IT GO - BLOCKED BUYERS LIST

Went to amend my blocked buyers list to find out there is NO ONE ON IT, anyone else having that problem. Also got in touch with ebay live, the chat was cut short with no resolution, then they had the nerve to get me to fill out a form on the performa...

Ebay Shipping Problem

I've been trying off and on today to print the shipping label for a buyer in the US. I was able to print labels for other US buyers and International buyers today. But this one keeps giving me this error. We are not able to generate your label at thi...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.