Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

I can't get PayPal to ship via Canada Post

Hi There: For the past week, I have been trying to ship via Canada Post directly out of PayPal but have not been successful. Everytime I try to ship overseas via International Air Small Packet, I get the error message: The shipment method you have ch...

Newbie Powerseller question...

Hello all! This is the first time I have posted here on the discussion board. I have a question about selling throughout the summer months. I have only been a member of eBay for about a year and a half and have had great sucess from last December rig...

10 cent AUCTION LISTINGS tomorrow!

How cool is that? An ebay.ca 10 cent listing day on a Sunday. I despise the .com listing days as they just flood the market and drive down hits and sales, but a .ca one on a Sunday is fantastic! Don't forget, they have to be Auctions, not BIN. Moniqu...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Summer Jobs

Hi Everyone, We're looking for stories of people (primarily students) who have used eBay to earn money during the summer as opposed to getting a "traditional" summer job. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please get in touch either by resp...

***Workshop on PayPal Buyer Protection and Integration - February 19, 2004, 1-2 PM EST***

We will be hosting a workshop on PayPal on Thursday, February 19th to answer all of your PayPal questions. Please join Damon@paypal.com, and Randall@ebay.com for a question and answer session. Where: Canada Town Square When: Thursday, February 19th, ...

Volunteers Needed for eBay On The Road in St. Catharines, Waterloo, Markham

Hi everyone, I am hoping many of you in Ontario will be attending eBay.ca On The Road sessions over the next 2 weeks. I am looking for Volunteers who are enthusiastic about eBay and would like to help out at the registration area. I promise it is lig...

E-Bay.CA Feature Sellers Story "Jamie"

I see ebay has not noticed that the feature sellers story about "Jamie" should be pulled. She is no longer selling on ebay and has been getting real bad feedback of late. One could only think it would further hurt our chances of selling more to Ameri...

Does anyone else find eBay's security confirmation to be a useless pain?

Hey folks, Just wondering what your opinion regarding eBay's security confirmation page where you enter a security code when sending messages. I answer all of my eBay emails through My eBay (alot) and sometimes I find that Im asked to enter these sec...

Has anyone seen this on the Toronto Subway TTC..

Posters about an auction site? I was quite surprised and I checked it out, and it was alright (and I've never heard of it before). has no listing fees, though it does have "final value fees", and 5% of the profits are donated to a worthy environmenta...

If someone did a paypal claim on you, what do you do?

I've shipped it, no tracking number. They got their money back via Paypal claims... So...do I leave negative feedback? However I'm afraid that person will retaliate (unless I wait until the 90th day...) I can't do a dispute on eBay I believe either. ...

December 15th missing small packets

Just as an update to the previous discussions about the many missing packages from December, I heard from a buyer that one I mailed December 15th in Mississauga arrived yesterday April 11th in the US. Almost 4 months!!

QUESTION ABOUT PAYPAL NON RECEIPT COMPLAINTS

Hi Everyone, Something I read in a thread here sparked a thought in my head and I was hoping for some feedback from yall. I get my share of people filing non-receipt complaints with paypal and of course since I ship small packet to the US, I have no ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Have eBay buyers died and gone to heaven?

What can I say... slow night LOL BUT, I think that this is a very pertinent question to ask in these times of rolling eBay hills. Many of us have expressed ourselves in different threads, I thought of doing a roundup in 1 thread of the present situat...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Web Hosts?

Hi All, I hope the first quarter of the New Year treated you well. My day job just got a little more interesting. I need to open up a smallish website that will support a blog for a medical professional. I know this is unrelated to eBay, but I'm rely...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Viva Las Vegas for eBay Live 2006!

I was just curious to see how many Candian Powersellers have attended a past eBay Live in the US and if they beleived the benefits to be worthwhile I'm thinking of attending this year since I've yet to travel to Vegas anyways!

If You Were in Charge, What Would You Change?

Hi All, Remember all the times you said, “If I was in charge.” In an effort to get some additional feedback and ideas, Amanda and I are planning on occasionally putting questions and scenarios to you the account holder. The idea is to have you the cu...

eBay Keywords Site .. still running?

Hi, Went to www.ebaykeywords.ca to create a new banner ad promotion and found out that an old banner ad I had funded several weeks ago was still "Pending Approval", plus the "Create New Ad" button was non-existant. I went to the US site (.com) and fo...

Introducing one very special eBay Lady :)

I had the opportunity to meet Rachel for the 1st time in San Jose, CA in Sept. 2003. She struck me as a down to earth person who was very knowledgeable in all areas of eBay and the collectable market. She is also capable of listening, inquiring about...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

SHIPPING A MOUNTAIN BIKE FROM TORONTO TO THE STATES.

i sold a mountain bike to a buyer in the states .i was just wondering what would be the best way to ship this.???what company is reasonable.? will they need a customs broker for this.?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are we paying too much?

Am I the only one looking atmy fees, and is concerned about the excange rates. Here's what I'm talking about: When we list something and wind-up selling, Ebay's conversion fees are at about 12% However, when you go on Paypal, the exchange rate is 10%...

user information request doesn't work!

Anyone else having problems with this? The emails do not arrive. We have to contact our account manager and get him to pull the information. What a pain! And in the unlikely event that a pink reads this... It's not isp related, it's not spam filter a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help please, with removing $0.00 from payment page

Hi everyone, I have a question. Because I am in Canada, (as we all are here) I can't use the USPS automatic shipping rate calculator that some US sellers have. Too bad, but oh well. In every one of my listings, I write the item description first, the...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

I Need Everyones Help-I cant believe this can happen!!!!!

Hi everyone! I bought 28 items from a seller. Purses to re-sell in my physical store. I paid immediately for my items with paypal. Items never received. Paypal reimburses me. I then get a box, with purses that I did not order (really GROSS ones) from...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Members with 0 Feedback

There's an interesting point which I should have realized before but haven't until now. I always had a policy to sell to buyers with 0 feedback figuring we were all once in that position and they have to start somewhere. I usually didn't check their ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Got My Canada Post Cheque Today Happy Days Are Here Again

Finally after writing to the brass at Canada Post I received my rebate cheque today. Just shows there is strength in numbers. I was told from the person responding to my letter that this was going to the top of the food chain to be resolved and that ...

Started a Store: 2 Questions about Store Listings

OK...so I took the plunge and began setting up a store this morning. I have two questions - the answers to which will no doubt be obvious to experienced store sellers - but which I cannot seem to find the answer to. I have added a few listings to the...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.