Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

What would you do???

I shipped two items won at auction by Expedited Parcel - USA (insured) to a customer in Michigan on January 5th. On January 26th I receive an email from the customer through eBay EFS that I have been ignoring emails and "where is my package or I want...

Rotten Canada Post Software

I received a note from Canada Post before Christmas that my agreement was being reviewed and I would no longer be able to use manual manifests after Jan. 19th.. (you all know, the $5.00 charge for manual manifests.... ). In any event, I decided to tr...

P.O. pick up service - Vancouver

Hello, For any Vancouver Powersellers located in the Dunbar or Kerrisdale areas, I have found a franchise postal outlet willing to pick up parcels at no charge. If you would like the contact information, please email me directly at totallytextiles@te...

To Deliver or Not That Is the Question - Snow Storm

Hello I have about 15 items to mail out today and I wake up to a snow storm (I'm in Toronto). We're looking at 15cm of snow today and I'm right now wondering on whether or not I should head out. The post office is about 8 minutes away on a normal day...

Know a good US Customs Broker?

Hi all, I currently sell some semi-large items and was thinking of adding others before the big CP rate increase hit me hard. I've begun to investigate other shipping avenues for these items and have found that FedEx will ship ground service to the U...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

New post rates in effect + Devalued U.S Dollar = ARGGGG

Small packet air up to $11.40 from $9.90 for 500gr-1kg. I wal already subsidizing my freight by only charging $6.00. This was fine last year with the U.S.$ worth so much more. Now its killing me. I just raised all of my shipping and my BIN prices. An...

anyone else find that PP logo annoying

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that PP logo next to each listing when you search annoying. It is very distracting. Is there any way to turn it off? Can Ebay find any more ways to shove Paypal down our throats? Rob

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Am i missing something here :-(

We had an auction end yesterday: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3073664101 The buyer just emailed and said to us, "Can you explain where my leather case is, I havent seen it" Im lost for words right now....i'll tell her where the ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Small Business Discounts

I can across this site today. http://www.smallbizcan.com/. Some of you are probably already getting these discounts if not more, but it may be worthwhile checking out for some.

WHAT SOFTWARE TO CREAT LISTINGS

I like to know which is the best software to get for listing on auction sites, I use only ebay at the momment, but may use other sites as well. I need an economical software, or a service provider like andale, I do not like andale as it doesnt have b...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lp mailers in Canada ??

Hello all, I'm looking to buy lp mailers. Does anyone know where to get them in Canada, preferably in or around Montreal? I check the internet, the yellow pages, etc. I found pizza boxes (14x14)(they're slightly too large), but I'd like to get the re...

eBay soft on infractions recently?

I came across a seller recently who had an item listed, and within the auction description clearly had 3% surcharges posted should the winning bidder choose to use PayPal. I reported it...and nothing happened. The item never sold (Didn't meet reserve...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Check Out This Item

Check this out..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454839870 ahoy there! Jeff

The nerve of some people!

Hi all, I walked into my local staples today to ship my items and there was a group of 5 young guys there and you would not believe what they were discussing. They stood right there at the post counter talking of how and from where they could purchas...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Has Gone Too Far

My business name is "Shopline.ca" as registered with the Federal Government and the Province of Ontario and CIRCA and my bank., and as is reflected on my invoices, on my letterhead and on my business cards. This afternoon, eBay pulled 3 ads because t...

From CTS - Announced Paypal Workshop - Feb 19/04

These details were listed on the CTS Board...(Jan 22, 2004) We will be hosting a workshop on PayPal on Thursday, February 19th to answer all of your PayPal questions. Please join Damon@paypal.com, and Randall@ebay.com for a question and answer sessio...

Joined Square Trade - They Charged Me Twice!

I have been selling on Ebay for years (as my profile will qualify), but for some reason unbenounced to me.... I decided to join Square Trade (probably because of all of you indicating how great Square Trade was at mediating differences, not that I ha...

All props and clothing to PAYCHECK the movies being sold @ the office next door great for sales on ebay

I thought I would tell my fellow Power sellers that , the movies Paycheck (came out at christmas) The movies company is selling all the products from the movie . I have seen tons of clothes , printers , set products The days that the buliding are ope...

Free Listing Day?

Anyone try to list something on .ca yet? I just listed an item with a starting price of $1 US and no free listing day. Charged me the regular $0.30 and no credit shows on my account. Had a whole smack of stuff to list under a buck but now it's not go...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraud E-mail... Please Read and Be Aware >>

Hi everyone! I just recieved an e-mail from a very poor attempt of being eBay. If anyone receives the below message, please disregard it. I happened to know the hosting service where this theif was hosting his fake eBay sign in page so I gave them a ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why Do Buyers Do It?

I just received an email from Square Trade to resolve a 'dispute' with a customer. The customer claims I never emailed her with instructions on how to pay yet admits she received the Canadian $ amount for her purchase including shipping charges and t...

New Spoof Email

This is a new twist on the old Ebay spoof email. I have received thousands of them about we have to update your information, but this is the first one that ebay has crashed.... Dear eBay member, We are sorry to inform you that one of our database has...

Advice needed please re purchase nightmare!

I bought my son an MP3 CD player for the car for Christmas. I bought and paid for it on Dec 3. On Jan 7, I filed a complaint with ebay as I had heard nothing from the seller. Two days after filing, I got an email from them. The MP3 player arrived. I ...

Imagine that!! eBay profits are soaring.

Found this on the US PS'ers board and, in case there are a few that don't visit there routinely, I thought I would bring this news back here to share with fellow Canuckers. http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040121/215783_1.html It appears that eBay is taking a...

Will Wonders Ever Cease!

In November someone in the US won an auction for one of my coloured violins. After sending a half dozen emails to them and never receiving any response. I left the person negative feedback (this was her first purchase) and filed a NPB with eBay. No n...

Are Others Experiencing Slower Sales?

I know that the period immediately after Christmas tends to be a little slow, but this year seems even more so. I am finding that even inquiries regarding my items seem to be down from the same period last year, and sales are just about none-existent...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.