Anyone else can't check out?

Just wondering if it's my system or whether there have been problems with the checkout lately.  I put several items from the same seller in my cart, selected Paypal, entered Paypal password in the popup, and now I'm looking at a greyed-out screen with a little thingy going around saying 'processing'.  Last night I went off and did something else for 20 min. or so and it was still hung when I returned.  It's doing the same thing again.  I was able to make another purchase of one item from another seller last night prior to that happening.  Is the 'cart' checkout specifically messed up?

Update: I had to do the transaction on a teeny phone screen to make it work.   😞

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sometimes I find that disabling an ad blocker on the checkout page or on paypal.com helps if the page is not loading properly. If you are using Firefox, try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection on the checkout page using the shield icon to the left of the page address, or try another browser.

Checking out using the eBay app or a mobile browser on your phone as you indicated is another option.

@3islanders 

I had a US buyer want to make a purchase using their CC about a month ago. There was no way the system would let him complete payment. I had to cancel the transaction twice. When he went to make a purchase with another seller no problems. PayPal/CC said all was fine and I accept CC's as a method of payment. Unfortunately or fortunately this seller explained what was happening. Not all buyers do. They just go elsewhere never to be heard from again. In the end we were never able to figure out what was causing the "glitch".

Cart needs to work in all situations. Same goes for requesting/sending a revised invoice.

-Lotz

marnotom!
Community Member

Were you using the cart on eBay.ca or eBay.com?  The one on eBay.ca has had issues since day one.

Do you know if the seller is using eBay's Managed Payments system now?  The big clue is seeing a "card" with the Google Pay or Apple Pay logo on the display of payment method logos accepted by the seller.