BUYERS BEWARE!!!!! NO EBAY GUARANTEE

motor691
Community Member

ebay money back guarantee is the biggest joke!!!

buyers beware!!!   I had ordered from autopartsdirect2012 and our order DID NOT ARRIVE!!!

Once I paid the seller they shipped it and they claim ebay is now responsible for the packages.

I provided the tracking number and link which clearly states the package is missing.  

After being in contact many times with the delivery company, the seller,  and ebay I have gotten no where.

there is no ebay money back guarantee.  The seller took my $800CA and called it a day.

ebay will do absolutely nothing to help, neither will the seller.

NEGATIVE STAR REVIEWS 

BEWARE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Did you open an actual Item Not Received case? You wouldn't be able to open it until after the latest estimated delivery date. Was it sent with eBay's International Shipping? if so it may have been delivered to eBay's distribution center and then forwarded to you.

The guarantee is in place for items not received by LATEST estimated delivery date (even if the tracking shows something different). If that posted estimated date has past, you should be able to open an official "case" and that is when the tracking would come into play to help your case. 

Hve you open an offical INR (Item Not Recived) case?

Have you followed and read the following information?

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasnt-arrive...

4 min article

Get help with an item that hasn't arrived

If the estimated delivery date for your order has passed and your item hasn't arrived, you can let the seller know by reporting that you didn't receive it.

First check the delivery information, and if the expected delivery date has passed, let the seller know that it hasn't arrived. If the seller doesn't respond or if they can't resolve the problem, you may be eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Check your item's delivery information

Your item may still be in transit. Find the item in your Purchases to see the expected delivery date, the address it's being shipped to, and the latest tracking updates.

Check delivery information

What to do if you provided an incorrect shipping address

Report that your item hasn't arrived

You have up to 30 calendar days after the estimated delivery date has passed to report that an item hasn't arrived.

The seller should respond within 3 business days to provide a delivery update, offer a replacement, or give you a refund. If you're getting a refund, it will go back to your original payment method. Refunds are typically available within 3-5 business days.

Report an item you didn't receive

How to report an item that hasn't arrived through My eBay

What to do if you've only received some of the items you've purchased

Ask eBay to step in and help

If the seller hasn't responded, or hasn't provided a resolution after 3 business days, you can ask us to step in. You have up to 21 business days from when you opened the original request.

Learn more about asking eBay to step in and help.

If your order arrives after you've reported it

If your item arrives, you can close your request. This lets the seller know that the issue is resolved.

If there's a problem with the item or you want to return it, you'll need to close your item not received request, and open a return request instead.

If you had already received a refund, get in touch with the seller about what to do next. For example, you could:

• Send the item back and keep the refund
  • Keep the item and arrange to reimburse the seller

How to close your request

marnotom!
Community Member

Given that the seller left the buyer feedback for this sale "within the past six months," I'm wondering if this is a case of the buyer waiting too long to pursue the Money Back Guarantee for their item.  eBay's Money Back Guarantee doesn't last forever, as the information in @brettjet38's post notes.

@motor691, if you waited beyond 30 days after the item's last estimated delivery date to file your case of non-delivery with eBay and your case was turned down because of this, you may have recourse with PayPal and/or your credit card issuer, depending on if you used either payment method for your purchase.

Once I paid the seller they shipped it and they claim ebay is now responsible for the packages.

Yes. If the seller used eIS, their responsibility for delivery ends at the eIS plant door in Glendale Heights IL.

Then eIS/eBay is responsible for the rest of the delivery.

I provided the tracking number and link which clearly states the package is missing.

If you gave this information to the seller, he can't do anything with it.

If the last day for delivery which eBay gave you has passed, you can open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay and be fully refunded.

If the item arrives after the refund, eBay does not want it back.

This might be useful to explain the eIS.

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/sc/pdf/ebay-international-shipping-features-comparison-ta...