Didn't receive my parcel wrong parcel received

I order something and they sent me the wrong item I haven't received what I ordered but the address they sent the item from is 1850 airport exchange suite 200 Erlanger KY 41025-2501  USA whqts going on and what do I do 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Let's step back.

EBay gave you a last estimated date for delivery.

Has that date passed?

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

The tracking you have seen confirms this is a Global Shipping Program shipment.

The GSP is also a Seller Protection program.

Once the shipment reaches Erlanger, the seller has no more responsibility for delivery.

Normally, in my 30+ years in mail order, it takes about 21 days for anything to be delivered in North America. Sometimes it's a little faster. Bonus.

You cannot open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre (at the bottom of this page and many others) until that deadline has passed. Then you have 30 days to open an Not Received Dispute.

But if you did receive something but not what you purchased it is very likely a GSP problem and nothing to do with your seller.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

The Dispute is "Not As Described" and you must state in the Dispute that this is a GSP shipment.

Ask for a refund.

It is more likely that you will be struck by lightning in the next five seconds than ever see your purchase.

However, GSP is pretty good about refunding without requiring the return of the item,  so your main problem would be how to dispose of the unwanted Thing.

Usually the best bet is to donate it to a charity shop.

marnotom!
Community Member

The wording of your post is a little confusing so I'm going to take a few semi-educated guesses here.

I'm thinking that you ordered an item from the United States that the seller had forwarded through the Global Shipping Program.  The shipping method in the listing was described as "international priority shipping" which is a catch-all term for the Global Shipping Program network.

A GSP item is sent to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky by the seller where it is then forwarded to the buyer.  What I'm thinking happened is that the wrong labels were put on your item and another item by somebody at the Shipping Center and somebody else got your item and you got their item.

Your seller might be a bit confused because some sellers using the program don't know that they're using it or how it works.  Long story that I won't get into here.  As far as they're concerned, they sent the item to the address that eBay gave them, which is the one in Kentucky, end of story.  Your item probably has a return address in Canada that corresponds to the hub in Canada where your item was sent after Kentucky.

You're probably not going to have much luck tracking down your item unless by some miracle you discover who actually has it and how to get in touch with them.  It may well be thousands of kilometres away from you as the GSP serves about 100 different countries.

Your best bet at this point would be to go through eBay's Money Back Guarantee program and file a claim for an item that doesn't match the listing description, ensuring that you note that this item was shipped through the Global Shipping Program.  If you need help with that, get back to us.