I accidently bought an item.

nferreira93
Community Member

I accidently bought an item in which I do not want. I have connected the seller. what else should i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

humes04
Community Member

Yes PJ is right on. But also eBay looks down on buyers remorse. It difficult to accidentally buy an item when you both bid and then also confirm. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and go through with it, lesson learned.

That is all that you really can do. Only the seller can ask to have a transaction cancelled. They will either ask ebay to send a mutual cancellation request to you and once you agree to it, the sale is cancelled. Or the seller may chose to open an unpaid item claim in which case you will receive an unpaid item strike from ebay if you haven't paid. One strike by itself won't hurt but more can affect your ebay account.

It is important to make sure that you want the item when you click on buy it now or when you bid. It is really a hassle and can cost the seller money when a buyer "makes a mistake" It obviously can happen but it seems to happen more and more often lately.