My tracking has not updated in 4 days after its entered Toronto. Is is going to update again?

emts-29
Community Member
Its been 4 days since I have had my package tracking update. It did get shipped from overseas, but will the tracking update again? Or is it I have to wait now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

byto253
Community Member

It is best to think of tracking as delivery confirmation.  There is some updates along the way, but as you have seen that can vary quite a lot.   To keep shipping costs reasonable there are different carriers and options used, and they vary in the amount of scan/tracking points.  

If the overseas shipper is working with a delivery service such as Intelcom you will not see anything until it is pretty well at your door.  Some use a service that brings a parcel most of the way then hands it off to the post office for the last leg, which usually shows as an early tracking hit, then nothing for a good long while.

So no need to stress that tracking does not give you a real time location about where a parcel is at.    

Tracking shows where an item has been rather than where it is.

And Tracking is above all a Seller Protection against false claims of non-delivery.

Look for the last estimated date for delivery eBay gave you.

Has that date passed?
If not, mark it on your calendar and don't stress out.

If it has open an Item Not Received Dispute and get a refund.

Never watch tracking it's not going to seem logical.

And when you see a lot of posts about location, look at the dates. All too often they show a parcel moving about within a plant/terminal with half a dozen updates within an hour. The the parcel goes on the back of a truck and is not updated for days as the trucker slowly fills his truck and drives to the next terminal.

Don't watch tracking.

marnotom!
Community Member
With or without tracking, you’re going to have to wait for your item.

The last item I purchased on this site was an item from the United States that was handled through eBay’s International Shipping program. There was a nine day period where no scan events showed up on the tracking but I still received my item within the delivery time estimate.

The value of tracking to buyers is way overrated. It gives buyers an illusion of control over the shipment and doesn’t make the item arrive any faster. Keep an eye on the estimated dates of delivery rather than the tracking. It’s less stressful.