Getting refund on custom charges on a return from Canada Post

chphan
Community Member

Short/long story.

Seller sent me an item that is said item in terms of name and description but the item itself is not the one in the pictures that seller posted. It's an item in lesser condition than the one in the pictures. Seller may have multiple of said items and sent me the wrong one matching the pictures in the listing or he intentionally sent me a different item even though it doesn't look exactly as the one in the pictures hoping I wouldn't notice there was a switch. 

I made a return request and eBay system gave me an auto return label. Before I sent it back and get a full refund, I just realize that I had to pay custom charges of nearly $40 to Canada Post office. I don't think ebay or the seller is going to refund me these custom charges. I will be out $40 even if I return the item. Is there a way to get the charges back? 

View Entire Topic

i just return an item in france and the postofice there asks that women to pay 22euros to gat it back

now she dosent want to accept my return  shes mad and  ...who has to pay for a return such an amount of  customs????