How long does the global shipping program take too ship out of there hub

Two of my purchases have had the delivery date modified - lengthened - three times now.  It is going on 21 days and still I have not received either of the two purchases.  The tracking #s provided on Ebay through this nuts and slow Global Shipping Program are never usable on either USPS or Canada Post sites and trying to get an answer from ebay is difficult.  On top of that, even with NAFTA that I believe is still in effect, ebay is charging import duties on items sold between Canada and the USA.  This is totally unacceptable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marnotom!
Community Member
You may be able to get more information on your item's movement and status on this PitneyBowes subsite:

https://parceltracking.pb.com

If your item is being held more than three business days, your item may be in a "restricted" category and those working at the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky may need to inspect your item further for required information that the seller didn't provide on the listing page.

Ask the folks running the GSP (Pitney-Bowes) about the time delays.

global.shipping.support@pb.com

Not everything traveling from the USA to Canada is duty free.

The GSP import fee covers sales tax, duty, handling fee.

ebay is charging import duties on items sold between Canada and the USA.

Well, yes.

NAFTA only covers items manufactured in the USA or Mexico.

Nothing to do with where it was purchased or from where it was shipped.

Canada has a lot of other free trade agreements including the new CERN agreement with the EU and the upcoming TPP agreement with 13 Pacific Rim countries including Australia, Chile, and Japan. 

More to the point, unless the seller gives the place of manufacture for the item, GSP/Pitney Bowes would have to either guess or open the package and check.
Few electronic items are made in the USA nowadays, so those would almost certainly be charged applicable duty.

And whether or not the item is dutiable, Canada still charges sales taxes on items valued over $29Cdn

($15USD).  And a service charge of ~$5.