does ebay ever take a sellers item in their possesion and then release to buyers

53e_14
Community Member

i am wanting to buy  trailer where the seller gas left the country and she says ebay has the unit in their posession and if I pay ebay will release and be delivered to me, has anyone ever herd of this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

SCAM!!

There is no trailer.

She's not a she.

She has not left the country because she was never here.

EBay does not handle transactions for other companies.

Cease communication and Report the scammer to the publication you found it on. That site cannot keep these scammers off if they are not notified of their existance.

This is a decades old scam...everything about this is a lie and  you need to report the ad to the site where you found it. eBay has nothing to do with ads/items listed on other sites.

No, eBay does not ever do that.  It is a common scam to trick you into paying for something that doesn't exist.

eBay NEVER has possession of a seller's items. eBay supplies a platform on which sellers list their items. The transaction is between seller and buyer. The seller provides the means to get the item to the buyer.

Remember: If the item is NOT  listed on eBay by a registered eBay seller, but is an ad listed on some other site,  there is NO connection whatsoever with eBay.

ANY vehicle purchase is best done so in person in your local area where you can physically check and examine so that you can be assured of what your money is being spent on and that you are actuall getting what you pay for...the old saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably is", would definitely apply here. Always purchase from a reliable source.

Also a good idea to aquaint yourself with these common scams.

Many years ago there was a service where a outside agency would broker the sale for larger value items. The name escapes me as to what it's called, but agree this is likely a scam.